Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A/C clutch '07 2500 diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 AM
doodlybob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C clutch '07 2500 diesel

This may sound wierd or maybe just a coensadence but I drove to the auto parts to have my passenger side battery changed and as I left I noticed my A/C was not working. It worked fine going to the auto parts but not when I left checked for fuses but there ok. I noticed that the clutch is not engaging. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

test it first to be sure it's not the low pressure switch that is bad...

you can test by unplugging the low pressure switch and jump the wires. should force the compressor clutch to engage...

may also need to check your A/C charge as well. may be that the low pressure switch is working properly and not engaging your compressor because you don't have enough R134a in the system to run the compressor safely.

if those checks both pass, then it may be time to replace the compressor and dryer. If that is the case, then be clad yours didn't break in the engaged position! Mine did and it was burning up the belt because the compressor seized all together. Ended up replacing the compressor, dryer, belt, and sensor.

Have since replaced the evap core since I was in the hvac box already replacing the heater core and didn't want to go back in there again...

Old 06-23-2014, 03:43 PM
doodlybob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I will try that when it stops rainning, It just seemed strange that it happened the same time I changed the battery.

Quick Reply: A/C clutch '07 2500 diesel