Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Yet another reason not to own a gas...

Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Silverline
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another reason not to own a gas...

I forgot how much I hated changing spark plugs until yesterday. I changed a set on my dad's '01 Chevy and it was a pain in the a$$. Separate coil pack for each plug wire and the plug boots really don't want to come off. And to top that off the magnet in the rear end came loose and started chewing up the ring gear and broke about five teeth. It really made me appreciate my CTD.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Yet another reason not to own a gas...

I have zero desire to go back to plugs !!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 AM
jw_hendry
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Silverline

I forgot how much I hated changing spark plugs until yesterday. I changed a set on my dad's '01 Chevy and it was a pain in the a$$. Separate coil pack for each plug wire and the plug boots really don't want to come off. And to top that off the magnet in the rear end came loose and started chewing up the ring gear and broke about five teeth. It really made me appreciate my CTD.

I would say that's pretty mild compared to some of the crap that's happening to the POS Chevy's we have on our ranch. We have5 Chevy 8.1L V8's on the ranch and two of them in the oilfield, and oneDuramax.They arethe most gutless, gas gussling pieces of crap. They just fall apart around you. Every one of them has had the front bumper fall off at least once. They put the fuel pump inside the tanknow and every one of them has gone out at least once. It's an 80 mile trip to town and these trucks are in the shop a lot. Plus the service department at the dealership sucks. I love my Ram which is my personal truck and I'm wanting to start switching over to Dodge's for work trucks someday, if we can find a good dealer around here. Sorry for the rant, but the lack of quality is just outragious. They are just not build to leave the highway.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Silverline
Veteran

I hear you on the fuel pump. I did one on my old truck and a couple on some friends of mine. And the easiest way to get to the damn thing is to pull the bed. 'Cause you always have a full tank of fuel when the thing decides to go ahead and shell out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yet another reason not to own a gas...