Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My first add-on

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
KenZ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first add-on

Just installed my first aftermarket add-on. An AEM brute force air intake. Anyone else running one of these? I picked it mainly for the fact that you don't need to oil the filter when you clean it. I don't know if it added anything, but it seems to have a faster throttle response and now I can hear a little turbo whine (the ONLY thing I missed from my old powerstroke). Going to Columbus OH this weekend and will see if it has any effect on milage. Round trip should be around 700 miles or so. Have been interested in the Quadzilla boost fooler. Anyone have any input on this product? A little extra power is nice, but trying to get this dually's milage as high up into the 20's as possible. Might be kinda hard with 4:10 gears and a heavy foot!

KenZ

Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: My first add-on

Congrats. let me know how it works for you. I am looking to do mods soon. I will find out friday if my wife gets to keep her job (big test after training) and if she does I can buy a mod every other month [8D]. I had a Jack in the Box antenna topper but apparently someone wanted it more then me. I miss the little guy.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:04 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: My first add-on

It wont be too much longer before your down with the sickness!!! congrats!!!

Quick Reply: My first add-on