Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

SQUEAKING BRAKES!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Bixby76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQUEAKING BRAKES!!!!!!!

My brakes just keep squeaking on my 2006 Quad Cab. Any of you guys have this problem. I have the rotors cut, new pads, green stuff pads...nothing stops the squeak.

Are there any other rotors I could buy that would stop the squeaking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:35 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SQUEAKING BRAKES!!!!!!!

That is a first I have heard green pads doing that. My 04 had the same issue, that is until I put Performance Friction pads on it.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
badassndn01

right around 4000 miles my brakes started squealingalso, i removed rotor and pads that were making the noise and clean them up but it did not work. i had the money to upgrade so i called Place For Brakes in Homestead,Fl and ordered EBC sport rotors and green pads,installed myself,the break-in period was about 300miles and instructions mentioned noise/squeaking during break-in and it did squeak and thought i wasted money on upgrade but squeak went away. now i happy with set up. some people will say that ok for brakes to squeal, not for me, we own 4 other vechicles and none of them have brakes that squeal. my 06 srt10 qc should not and will not have brakes that squeal.paid too much money for the truck to have that kind of nuisance. some poeple says it petty but to me it's aggravating,it's like running finger nails down chalkboard

Old 07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
mattwech

I'm having the same problem and it's wearing on my nerves......I'm up for an answer too.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
PlatinumRoad
Rookie

i'm so glad to see a post on this. I've been super busy so i havent had time to take mine in, but its unbareable. Its to the point i can hear it over my radio blasting. A stock exhaust isnt too loud on these things, so its a bummer when people turn to see what ur driving when they hear the brakes, not you accelerating. She was fine until about 4k miles. Its an 06' QC and the only solace i have is that its a lease so it'll be someone elses problem but its annoying as all hell. Besides that, this thing is my dream machine.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM
homerj_db

no problems w/ brakes here other than the mountains of dust it leaves on the wheels.
however, I got the black wheels so its hardly noticeable.
Only 1600 miles...I just hope that don't start on mine.
I HATE that kind of stuff...it would drive me nuts.
But...I have my own pain...the stalling problem that Dodge won't do nothing about!

06 QC Nightrunner 072/400

Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
kevmc

I have the same problem with my '05 quad cab. I thinkit might be because of the exposed brake calipers being more suceptible to contamination from car cleaning products. Just a guess though

Kevin

Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM
amanda123

i had this problem of squeaking but a bit of cleaning and greasing did the magic for me ....[8D]

Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
RUSH

I've got an '06 Reg Cab andmy brakes are squeaking when I hit the brakes too (6,900 miles).

Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Aftermarket pads are the only solution. I do not think Performance Friction makes the 06 pads though. Cleaning does help and previously posted, but within 100 miles they will most likely be squeaking again. Plus the stock pads are DUSTY!

Quick Reply: SQUEAKING BRAKES!!!!!!!