Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

new 06 QC...please help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:42 PM
luvthe505
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 06 QC...please help...

New 06 QC SRT...when I test drove and the day I pick up the truck the tires would chirp 2nd easily. Now the tranny shifts much smoother, is it breaking in? I have 350 miles on the truck. seems to be faster than new. what is the normal break in period. I have been mashing the pedal since I picked up my new love. Do I just need a chip???

Also, are these rims a pain to keep clean?

Thanks guys, just nervous cuz I heard the 05's had some minor tranny problems.

5600 pounds and chirps 2nd with a 4 speed auto...amazing!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
PlatinumRoad
Rookie
Default RE: new 06 QC...please help...

Congrats on the truck, and just a heads up......just wait until the first time she chirps going into THIRD. When it comes to "break in period", it really seems to depend on the driver and the truck. I have 3,700 miles on my 06 QC and i still think she is breaking in. I really noticed mine to smooth out after about 1500 miles. I got an oil change (mobil 1 synthetic) at 1000 miles just to make sure i got some new juice in there. I've heard that the chip does magic for the QC, but mine pretty much broke me, so i'm fine with 505 ponies stock.
I recommend having a towel in ur truck at all times, as a days worth of driving will leave a coat of brake dust on ur rims.
But regardless, enjoy.....you now own one hell of a machine

Old 11-07-2006, 11:06 PM
luvthe505

Chirp third, that is nuts. does your auto shift at about 5200 rpms (WOT). I have been driving this thing non stop just to get it "broken in". Should have a K&N filter by next week, and an oil change at 500 miles.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:37 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: luvthe505

Chirp third, that is nuts. does your auto shift at about 5200 rpms (WOT). I have been driving this thing non stop just to get it "broken in". Should have a K&N filter by next week, and an oil change at 500 miles.
My truck shifts when I shift it

The break in period is only 300-500 miles, during which time you were suppose to stay clear of WOT, but vary your speeds. With that said todays engines are much different than the older cars. They are pretty much ready to be used off the lot. Things like exhaust will open up slightly with more use. But I would recommend opening up the exhaust with headers new mid pipes with no or high flows and a cat back, you will not be disappointed, although your wallet will be.

Where are the pictures????

https://dodgeforum.com/m_584029/tm.htm

Old 11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
luvthe505

no WOT...just can't live like that. trying to get pics up but am not the most computer savy guy, thanks for the link!!!

Quick Reply: new 06 QC...please help...