Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Somebody has got to know where the other end of this vauum line goes W/Pictures

Old 10-06-2007, 06:50 PM
deer30
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody has got to know where the other end of this vauum line goes W/Pictures

The vacuum line is conected at one end into intake manifold. The other end I accidently pulled it out of somewhere when changing my ac blower motor. The van only blows out of the defrost if this vacuum line is left open. Right now I have it clogged with a screw so the ac works on all settings feet, face or defrost.

2001 ram van 3.9 1500

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...005van0004.jpg

Old 10-06-2007, 07:16 PM
deer30
Default RE: Somebody has got to know where the other end of this vauum line goes

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...r30/hole-1.jpg

This pic is looking up from the bottom of the van and I am wondering if the hole above blower motor is suppose to be there

Old 10-06-2007, 07:25 PM
deer30
Old 10-07-2007, 02:21 PM
deer30
Default RE: Somebody has got to know where the other end of this vacuum line goes

It goes to thesphere reservoir behind the passenger side head light.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:06 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default RE: Somebody has got to know where the other end of this vacuum line goes

Never heard of a cooling reservoir. If it's a round black sphere looking object then that's the vacuum reservoir. It stores vacuum so that the vent air flow doesn't change to the floor or defrosters during long low vacuum periods such as when climbing a long grade or steep hill. The one-way check valve back at the intake manifold is the other important part that keeps the vacuum from the reservoir from bleeding back into the engine. Glad you found where it went instead of just capping it off. You would've been banging your head against the wall again the first time you climbed a hill.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Somebody has got to know where the other end of this vauum line goes W/Pictures