DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Ram Van (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-van-100/)
-   -   '00 ram van 1500 Bad Injector?? please help (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-van/211191-00-ram-van-1500-bad-injector-please-help.html)

Andy3A 08-18-2009 01:57 PM

'00 ram van 1500 Bad Injector?? please help

My '00 1500 van will drive fine for maybe a mile or two with slight jerkiness while accelerating, then once at a light or sign I'll hit the gas and won't go anywhere and a lighting clicking or clunk noise can be heard while trying to accelerate (maybe thats the sound of a bad injector?). No lights ever come on and my gages all look ok. Ill have to turn the van off and on and it'll do the exact same thing if not immediately. Its always starts up fine with no odd sounds or struggling. What could this be?

kev2 08-18-2009 02:38 PM

does the CEL come on @5 SECONDS WHEN YOU start?
did I mss engine size?
a starting place ...try the key on off ON OFF ON see if it WILL display codes..... using a fuel pressure gauge (loaner/rental) get fuel pressure and
check leak down-

vehicle is stock- any recient work-

Andy3A 08-18-2009 02:51 PM

when starting the lights come on and then turn off as normal. nothing unusual w/ the CEL. 3.9L, most recent was just a new brake line but i had the issue before that. Then last repair before that was a replaced water pump.

Andy3A 08-18-2009 02:56 PM

it shows

P doNE

kev2 08-18-2009 05:09 PM

could this be a trans problem? when no acceleration- shifting to n will eng rpm easily no noises?

Andy3A 08-19-2009 12:07 AM

the only noise itl make thats out of place is when im at a light or sign and i step on the accelerator and its not going or getting the gas, ill hear a light clunk clunk noise which i thought is maybe a bad fuel injector, and thats only when stepping on the accelerator and not going anywhere

kev2 08-22-2009 02:26 PM

unlikely you are hearing an injector.

do some transmission cks- when it acts up shift to N will engine rev normal?? down shift manualy ? fluid level and color?

Andy3A 09-05-2009 01:04 PM

i had it brought in
they said it was a bad ignition coil
due to a loong overdue tuneup
so they replaced the parts and gave me a tuneup..
it broke down on my way home from pep boys..
so i had it towed back.
they thought now maybe it was a bad battery that was confusing the computer and throwing it signs making the engine do what it was doing.
so they put in a new battery and it didnt fix anything.
(why they wouldnt have found a "bad battery" in the first place is beyond me)
so they concluded that its a computer problem which they cant service, only a dodge dealer can...
now my neighbor guy who works with computers is looking at it..
so pepboys gave me a nice $750 bill and my van is STILL @#^$^ broken.
my mistake for going there in the first place.
I never will again. should sue them
they lied about testing the van after repairs and lied about duplicating the problem in the first place. so they just went in and started replacing parts.
however "all the work they did was completely necessary" so i had no right being mad at them...........

alloro 09-05-2009 08:18 PM

If the speedometer is working correctly when the happens, replace the TPS (throttle position sensor). If the speedometer is not working correctly when this problem happens, replace the VSS (vehicle speed sensor).

alloro 09-05-2009 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Andy3A (Post 1793347)
however "all the work they did was completely necessary" so i had no right being mad at them...........

My response to that would've been, "obviously the work was not necessary since my van still isn't running!"