Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dygert Chairs

Old 06-22-2010, 05:26 AM
wilbo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dygert Chairs

Just thought I'd share this with you in case someone else has this problem.

I recently added swivels/spinners to the front seats in my B250 '93. The original dayvan conversion fitted Dygert chairs. The chair are quite wide and the arms get in the way of the door arm rest when you swivel them round. I was trying to see if there was an easy way to remove the arm when you need to swivel it...

There is!

By playing about with the arm I found that it's got a kind of pin and slot mechanism that holds it in place. The in the arm axel allows the arm to travel within a certain range. So normally parallel with the seat or parallel with the seat back, the pin stops it going beyond this range. By pushing the axel in or pulling out it can find another 'track'. So I pushed it in and then the arm can go down further than normal which means when the seat back is reclined the arm can still be parallel with the seat (bottom).

This was all very exciting but I just wanted to get the arm off! So I thought I'll cut a slot to allow the arm to be pulled off when the pin lines up with this slot. But the guys are Dygert has already thought of this I pulled back some of the material around where the arm goes in and I found a slot which should have allowed the arm to be pulled off when arm was rotated all the way back. I just need to whack the pin in a bit more and with a bit of pursuasion I managed to pull the arm off. I've since ground down the end of the arm axel and lubricated it and it's easy to remove it now.

Wilbo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dygert Chairs