Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

I want to sell my 3500 van but need to find a BCM first.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 PM
DJ_411
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to sell my 3500 van but need to find a BCM first.

Hello I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 5.2 liter with a maxi package. I would like to try and sell this vehicle however it has a check airbag light on. I brought it to my mechanic and when he tried to read the error code on the computer all he could tell me was no communication to the Body Control Module.
Can someone tell me where this device is and what the best way to resolve this issue would be. Repair/Replace?

FYI - I called auto zone and pep boys and neither has the part. Does anybody know where to get this item?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It's called a Central Timer Module. It's on the left side of the dash, should have rectangular grey connectors. Little black box 7" kinda square about an inch thick

What are your symptoms other than Airbag Light on? Let someone else try to get into it with a scan tool before you go by what he says.

Last edited by TNtech; 01-17-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:19 AM
DJ_411
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
It's called a Central Timer Module. It's on the left side of the dash, should have rectangular grey connectors. Little black box 7" kinda square about an inch thick

What are your symptoms other than Airbag Light on? Let someone else try to get into it with a scan tool before you go by what he says.
Hi Thanks for your reply. I have brought my van to three different people. I will admit that non of them were very knowledgeable on this matter. My Mechanic, Auto Zone and Pep Boys all told me the same thing. They could not make my air bag light turn off because while the van is running the scanner detects no signal from the BCM and supposedly thats the component they need to access to reset the warning light. We looked online but could not find a bcm for this model van.
So is the CTM the same as the BCM? Would it send the same error and activate my air bag warning with no other visible symptoms?
Do you know the part # for a CTM for a 2000 ram 3500 with maxi package and 5.2 litter engine?

Just to confirm when you say left side you mean under the dash board by the glove box or under the dash board by the break and accelerator?

Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

There is no Body Control Module on these vans, everything runs to the PCM mounted on the firewall above the engine. The error message could actually mean the scan tool can't communicate with the airbag module itself. I'd look for a blown fuse.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The Pic above is where the CTM is for ****z and gigglez

DJ, if the CAB has no response, there are a series of communication tests that have to be done. Here is a PDF if you feel up to it. If it goes beyond that, you probably want to let someone else go there.

Attached Thumbnails I want to sell my 3500 van but need to find a BCM first.-90b30868.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
7_1_32 COMMUNICATION.pdf (53.1 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by TNtech; 01-18-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: I want to sell my 3500 van but need to find a BCM first.