DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Ram Van (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-van-100/)
-   -   New guy here .........HELP ...PLEASE (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-van/298867-new-guy-here-help-please.html)

Gr8lite 07-27-2011 09:03 PM

New guy here .........HELP ...PLEASE

Thanks for having me guys! Here is my predicament.
2002 Ram Van 1500 , 5.9, Waldoch conversion , 110k miles.

Had the van for a month or so , started getting a overheating issue. No problem. Replaced T-stat , water pump, had radiator tanked / flushed , replaced fan clutch. Done problem solved.
Drove home, no issues. Nest day drove 5 miles shut off van, back to van approx 15-20 mins. Turn over no start. Figured coil , nope, starting fluid engine fires and runs.fuel problem , right? Had it towed 3 miles to my shop. Rolled off car carrier. Hit key fires right up........let it sit 2 days, get to work fires right up! Drive it out front , sits from 7am to 4, won't start turns over won't start!!
Drop tank , replace fuel pump, prior to putting tank back up in straps, plug all vents in , hook up fuel line, plug in fuel pump. Turn on key , pump doesn't run , no power to pump. Checked 2 fuses in dash fuse panel , checked relay in under hood panel.
Any guess as to where we should be looking for a break in the power? Any hidden relays or fuses? Any guess.

Now does any issue with the ignition switch have the potential to cause this?

Thanks sorry it so long , been down for 2 weeks without my van.......Thanks!

stev 07-27-2011 11:22 PM

Hmmm, this problems sounds so familiar and rather recent with another member here. Can't remember the exact solution. It might have been the battery. Alloro may recall if it was.

alloro 07-27-2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gr8lite (Post 2558940)
Checked 2 fuses in dash fuse panel , checked relay in under hood panel.

What were the fuses labeled as, and what was the relay you checked, the ASD or the fuel pump?

Gr8lite 07-28-2011 06:24 AM

one of the fuses was labeled fuel pump #18 , the other fuse was fuel ??#8. The relay in the power dist box under hood was ASD relay.

Is there an actual fuel pump relay somewhere?

Thanks guys! This no vehicle deal is getting old .................

stev 07-29-2011 11:53 PM

Did you replace the PCM/ECM? Have you tried the wires and connectors to the PCM/ECM?

baconater 08-21-2011 11:46 AM

Needs a PCM,rap on the PCM with a hammer and you should hear the fuel pump and relay kick on,then will start.Major problem with Dodge,PCM on major backorder,$700.00 or more to repair,good luck.

stev 08-22-2011 12:10 AM

Why go to Mopar for the PCM???

Go to CARDONE and get a PCM. Save a few hundred too!

WE-B-VANNIN 08-28-2011 01:34 PM

Did you happen to notice if you got the "no bus" code in your odometer when it wouldnt start?

baconater 08-29-2011 12:26 PM

YES,THERE WILL BE A NO BUS ON THE ODOMETER,AFTER YOU MESS WITH THE pcm,AND YOU GET THE CONNECTION,YOU WILL GET THE MILEAGE BACK AND IT WILL OR SHOULD START,THATS WHAT MY 2001 B2500 VAN WOULD DO.iT WILL DYE AGAIN AFTER A FEW MINUTES,BUT IT SEEMED AFTER IT WARMED UP,i COULD NOT GET IT TO QUIT AGAIN UNTIL THE COOL DOWN OF THE NEXT MORNING,THEN BACK TO NO START,GOOD LUCK,THE PCM'S ARE JUNK,AND DODGE WOULD NOT STAND BEHIND THEM AND WARRANTY THEM,CROCK OF SHI!,,,,,,,

TNtech 08-29-2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by baconater (Post 2583765)
YES,THERE WILL BE A NO BUS ON THE ODOMETER,AFTER YOU MESS WITH THE pcm,AND YOU GET THE CONNECTION,YOU WILL GET THE MILEAGE BACK AND IT WILL OR SHOULD START,THATS WHAT MY 2001 B2500 VAN WOULD DO.iT WILL DYE AGAIN AFTER A FEW MINUTES,BUT IT SEEMED AFTER IT WARMED UP,i COULD NOT GET IT TO QUIT AGAIN UNTIL THE COOL DOWN OF THE NEXT MORNING,THEN BACK TO NO START,GOOD LUCK,THE PCM'S ARE JUNK,AND DODGE WOULD NOT STAND BEHIND THEM AND WARRANTY THEM,CROCK OF SHI!,,,,,,,

They wouldn't warranty a PCM on a 10 year old van? That's craaaaaazyy!