Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

transmission probs

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:54 PM
b2500ramvan01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission probs

hi guys i am new here i have looked up items before but never posted

i am having trouble with my work van and could use some advice and would greatly appreciate any help i could get

i have a b2500 van that was having trouble going into overdrive so i parked it would be winding out on the highway and then would release a bit of tranny fluid on the exhaust and smoke up the road
well i had the tranny rebuilt but the guy did not touch the valve body as he said it looked finr no metalin fluid ect
he said it looked fine (works on them alot ) and said it was one of the cleanest looking ones he had seen ,fast forward to now it is still not shifting properly and we get a code on the computer for transmission control cleared it several times and it comes right back up we checked the connections and wires and they all look clean no corrosion on pins ? it looks good so my question is does any of this sound familiar to any of the pros here idoes it sould like the brain or could it be the valve body in the tranny ??
thank you for any advise guys
p.s. i just bid a job 30 miles away for wed thurs and fri this week and now i may be screwd

Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

The first thing to do is go back to the tranny rebuilder and ask him what's up. This may be a warranty issue.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:30 AM
b2500ramvan01

Originally Posted by alloro
The first thing to do is go back to the tranny rebuilder and ask him what's up. This may be a warranty issue.
it was done by a freind and now we are lost as to whats next
could the code transmission controller be for the valve body ?
also if i shift manually from first up i get overdrive and the cruise control works so all gears are there they just wont work automatically
please help if you can

Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM
dragontrlr
Professional

what are the codes you are getting????? there are two electrical items in the tranny underneath the filter and an electrical plug that goes bad. i had the same problem in an 01 2500. it is a common problem. but would need to confirm the code.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:37 PM
b2500ramvan01

update
my frenid is a mechanic who works for a bus company, they run a buch of ram van wagons
he had a used valve body so we pulled the old one out and did a side by side comparison there was a small metal peice in the od unit that had broken on mine so we replaced it with the good one from his unit ,put her back together reset the code and she has been good ever since
apparently that little clip is known to cause problems
thank you guys for all replies and tips it is greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: transmission probs