Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

'01 What is this relay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no PCI Buss in '01, Only CCD and SCI.
PCI was introduced in '02 and replaced CCD.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:35 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

now I got it straight!

Old 07-09-2016, 08:40 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck
BLACKVAN: The (ODBC?) DLC connector is powered by the I.O.D. fuse. In GEN 2, the SCI BUSS is powered by the PCM. RSDATA already proved that the van will run without the cluster.
The response was ontopic and in direct reference to personrlr and rsdata's problem with the van not starting/running.

Do you even own or have you ever worked on a Dodge van? They are not similar to Dodge pickups. I have to ask because there is a pickup truck section that may be more helpful to you.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Friar Tuck
Captain

Originally Posted by blackvan
The response was ontopic and in direct reference to personrlr and rsdata's problem with the van not starting/running.

Do you even own or have you ever worked on a Dodge van? They are not similar to Dodge pickups. I have to ask because there is a pickup truck section that may be more helpful to you.
I have owned a dodge van. You don't have to own one to be able to read wiring diagrams, and I do have a copy of the diagrams. I am not here looking for help, I am here to help people with electrical issues. Misunderstandings about things electrical or electronic have caused much confusion and unnecessary parts replacement for years. There are people who don't have access to a service manual, much less wiring diagrams. RSDATA is one of the ones who have that knowledge, skills, and resources.
Sometimes people use the wrong terminology, or references that tend to lead people in the wrong direction. I have done that, and had to reread the thread to get a clearer understanding of what the person was trying to explain. It's not always clear. I wonder if you followed my discussion with RSDATA from the beginning. Probably not.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:59 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

fellas
I appreciate help from whomever has interest in posting...

I was under the impression that from 99 to 2003 all the vans were the same... obviously not in the PCM, as personrlr and I have compared part # from my 2001 and his 2002... using PM... they are different...

this puts electrical issues with PCM and wiring involvement on a whole new level for me and others I suspect... years are NOT all the same... no wonder the Dodge mech in FL was pouring through his manuals while trying to fix my van.

THANKS to you both for trying to help... I have a better understanding of my problem now... NOW if I could only figure out what is wrong!

Today I figured out that my van will crank, start and run for about 1 second then die without the BCM (Control Timer) installed, but it was cool this AM, then I got sidetracked with company when it got warmer and typically will not start with NoBuss error with the warmer weather. Preparing to use my Toyota to haul my TT to Bardstown for the next week to hang with some buddies and have some liquid refreshment that KY is noted for... so no further news till earliest next Sunday.

I am beginning to think I may be looking for a used truck this winter.

Last edited by rsdata; 07-10-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:07 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain

Enjoy your time off

Old 07-10-2016, 10:39 AM
personrlr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again, until I know the transmission have a sensor for the Temp. which is directly related with the ASD relay and maybe is the one cause the engine to stop running, do you have the TEMP light in the instruments cluster?. I steal have the same problem, with out diagrams Is almost impossible trace all the sensor wires, more difficult if you are along doing it.
Any way continous looking for some info about PCM 322AD pin info.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:36 PM
nibroc
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

RSDATA---
while in Bardstown sippin--ck out the dodge dealer (ser dept)and see if they can locate ya an known good brain for that 01---would like to underline known but don't know how to do it

Old 07-17-2016, 10:07 PM
stev
Record Breaker

OK, here is what I have on the Fuseable links. Check your system for these.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:13 PM
stev
Record Breaker

Quick Reply: '01 What is this relay?