Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1994 b250 cruise control doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 04:07 PM
urbanPL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 b250 cruise control doesn't work

Hi,

as some of you may know, I have 1994 b250 (conversion van) 5.2
I had some problems with backfireing, but thanks God, afeter replacing fuel pump assembly everything is ok.

However I have another very annoying problem - cruise control doesn't work. Speed sensor is brand new and I can hear "click" from somewhere under the ac accumulator when I press the button on the steering wheel (engine bay, passenger side, below the ac) - but nothing happens - indication light doesn't light on and car slows down.

Fuse seems to be OK, vacuum lines around the engine itself are fine too - as far as I can tell - does anyone have diagram of cruise control harness and vacuum? Would be very grateful!

Horn is working fine!

Ok, so where to start?

Last edited by urbanPL; 05-27-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:07 AM
BlockHeadGearBender
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by urbanPL

However I have another very annoying problem - cruise control doesn't work. Speed sensor is brand new and I can hear "click" from somewhere under the ac accumulator when I press the button on the steering wheel (engine bay, passenger side, below the ac) - but nothing happens - indication light doesn't light on and car slows down.

Fuse seems to be OK, vacuum lines around the engine itself are fine too - as far as I can tell - does anyone have diagram of cruise control harness and vacuum? Would be very grateful!

Ok, so where to start?
Speaking slightly newer model. There should be a light indicating the speed control system is on. Find it next to the ON/OFF button on the lower left quadrant of the steering wheel. Set/Resume is on the lower right quadrant. There is no indicator lamp to show the system has engaged.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:32 AM
urbanPL

Originally Posted by BlockHeadGearBender
Speaking slightly newer model. There should be a light indicating the speed control system is on. Find it next to the ON/OFF button on the lower left quadrant of the steering wheel. Set/Resume is on the lower right quadrant. There is no indicator lamp to show the system has engaged.

This is exactly the lamp on the steering wheel I am talking about - litlle green point - it doesn't work. Horn is working and there is this click I described above, but cruise control still doesn't work.

Can you tell me how to engage the cruise control? Maybe I do something wrong

Old 05-31-2017, 11:39 AM
BlockHeadGearBender
Amateur

Originally Posted by urbanPL
This is exactly the lamp on the steering wheel I am talking about - litlle green point - it doesn't work. Horn is working and there is this click I described above, but cruise control still doesn't work.

Can you tell me how to engage the cruise control? Maybe I do something wrong
First thing is to verify that the system is getting power. My book shows fuse 18 (2A) supplies power to the system. The horn gets power through fuse 13.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:48 AM
urbanPL

Originally Posted by BlockHeadGearBender
First thing is to verify that the system is getting power. My book shows fuse 18 (2A) supplies power to the system. The horn gets power through fuse 13.

Fuse is fine, and the system is powered - checked with multimeter. However, there is something strange about the cruise control buttons - I don't have neither the indicator light, nor the space for it!

Here's how the control unit of the cruise control looks like in my Van:

How to use it? Should I press on button while driving and then "set"?

Attached Thumbnails 1994 b250 cruise control doesn't work-20170602_104047.jpg   1994 b250 cruise control doesn't work-20170602_104105.jpg  
Old 06-05-2017, 02:07 PM
BlockHeadGearBender
Amateur

Yeah, mine is different -- slightly newer.

When driving, push ON, then SET. It should hold speed.

I will send a troubleshooting chart.