Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Power window switch issue 92 b2500

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Jonny.Neuwerx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window switch issue 92 b2500

When i press on the pw switch, the window does not move however, the e brake light comes on (only when switch is on) ground issue??? No idea where to start....anyone have an idea where I should start? Thanx!!

Old 03-11-2018, 10:27 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

I would start by disconnecting the window motor electrical connector and connecting a meter to it. Then press the switch in both directions and see if you get power like you should.

Last edited by alloro; 03-14-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Jonny.Neuwerx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alloro, Thanx so much for your response.....so today I tried (by your suggestion) and found the plug from the window motor and connected a test light on either of the wires and discovered that when window switch is depressed, test light confirms power, however I see that the E-BRAKE light on the dash DOES NOT light up when testing the plug on window motor, should I do the same check on passenger window motor? Thanx for your help again!!!!

Old 03-14-2018, 10:14 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

If you're getting power to the motor connector (polarity is one way when pressing up and reverses when pressing down) like you're saying then the issue could be with the window lift motor.

Quick Reply: Power window switch issue 92 b2500