Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

92/93 b250 voltage regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 10:24 PM
skiddyfisk
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92/93 b250 voltage regulator?

Long story short, I've got a 92 van with (allegedly) a rebuilt 93 engine (318/5.2l v8) and it contains this thing:

92/93 b250 voltage regulator?-mebnoua.jpg

Rockauto doesn't list a voltage regulator for this year, and google indicates that external voltage regulators were eliminated at some earlier point, so my van SHOULDN'T have one. However, it does.

Is this a common mod? Why would someone do this? To bandage an issue, or for performance reasons?

I am only going down this path because that one seems to have failed, and my battery is not being charged by the alternator. Since this thing isn't in the repair manual, I kind of want to know what's going on before I start messing with it. My Napa DOES stock the regulator for an 85 model, which appears to be the same part, so I'm thinking I can just swap it. But clearly there is much I do not know about this thing.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:30 AM
ramvan61
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link that may help repair your external voltage regulator: https://store.alternatorparts.com

Quick Reply: 92/93 b250 voltage regulator?