Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Need this transmission cooler hose....picture

Old 05-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Jay Dee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need this transmission cooler hose....picture

I need this tranny cooler hose for my 1998 B3500 Ram Van. This hose is attached to steel tubing just to the left out of the photo that comes from the tranny on the driver's side and then into the radiator right side as you can see. This pic is the rear of the fan shroud. I can't find it anywhere including the Dodge dealer.
Thanks for any help.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Is it leaking??

Best bet might be to just cut out the bad section, get a couple feet of trans hose from your local parts store, and some clamps...... Maybe flare the ends of the tubing a bit, so the hose won't be able to just blow itself off. (not that it is very high pressure in there.....)

Old 05-23-2019, 09:36 AM
Jay Dee

Yes, it's leaking from the crimp on the right side. I'd like to replace it with a new one if I could but it does look like I might just have to repair it as you suggest.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Check with your local parts store. I am showing that is one that the autozone in my area actually stocks..... and they have one. It's like 24 bucks.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:22 AM
Jay Dee

My local NAPA store doesn't have it and neither does the local Dodge dealer but I will check with Auto Zone. The problem is that apparently the outlet line from the tranny to the radiator was changed in 1999.... ON THE TRANSMISSION.... from the driver's side to the passenger side. All the cooler lines like the one I need I see listed anywhere begin with 1999 (and I have a 1998) and the part that appears to be what I need says it's for the PASSENGER side on the transmission. The part that looks like what I need is Dorman part # 624-816 at www.dormanproducts.com BUT when you read the "application", it says it's for the PASSENGER side of the tranny. If you look at the image of the part, it looks as if you are looking down at it just as it would be installed..........on the driver's side. Summit Racing also has this part and they say the same thing.....for the PASSENGER side........and for a 1999. Help me out here...what am I missing?

Thanks for your time, Jay Dee

Old 05-24-2019, 03:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I come up with 624-305, though it looks like the same line to me...... just from a different angle.

So far as I know, the inlet/outlet for the cooler lines are both on drivers side of the trans, regardless of year/application. Can you verify where your goes? (should be the line coming out the front, drivers side of the trans?)

Old 05-25-2019, 09:31 AM
Jay Dee

Yes, the line we are talking about comes out the front fitting on the tranny on the driver's side. The part number you came up with is for a Ram 1500..... I need it for a B3500. I've been on Youtube and I have the proper tools to make a flare/ bubble on the tubing to replace the hose with new hose so I guess that's what I'll do. Frustrated looking for a part that even the Dodge dealer can't find in their parts catalogue.

Thanks, Jay Dee

Old 05-28-2019, 03:01 PM
wca_tim
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also very often have great luck with a local hydraulic hose shop, and have others in other places I've lived. very often they can make you a better than new hose using your same fittings, and new flex hose. To put it in perspective, my brake hoses on three cars (including all the flex hoses on my van) were made by them (steel braided, coated), power steering hoses on one car, oil cooler lines and power steering lines for my inboard boat engine, and the list goes on...

Old 05-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Jay Dee

I live in a small town and I did ask the local CO-OP if they could make me a hose since they make hydraulic hoses for tractors but I was told they couldn't make this type hose....didn't have the correct fittings. Also NAPA in this town doesn't fabricate hoses either. So I removed the crimp fitting and made a little flare on the end of the tubing, cut off the end of the hose and slipped the old hose back on the tubing, used two small fuel injection type hose clamps and I think this will work.
Thanks for your comments., Jay Dee

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need this transmission cooler hose....picture