DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Ram Van (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-van-100/)
-   -   air bag light stays on??? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-van/424505-air-bag-light-stays-on.html)

peppster66 07-10-2019 01:53 PM

air bag light stays on???

Hi, I finally had my 97 B3500 running perfectly, and now the air bag light on the dash came on and wont go off, Im puzzled on this one, checked for codes, there are none, checked my repair manual, but no info on this problem, any help is greatly appreciated,,, thank you,,,,,,

HeyYou 07-10-2019 02:14 PM

Need a pretty high-zoot scanner to read SRS codes..... Around here, the local parts store can read 'em.

Viperdave 07-10-2019 03:35 PM

A simple check would be if the horn works or the Cruze controll turns on with the light on the dash or the switch

if they don’t then it’s probably a clock spring, if they still work then you have to get the code to find out where the problem is

viperdave

peppster66 07-11-2019 06:54 PM

thanks for your replies, the horn and the cruise works, so Ill try and find a code reader that might help me ,,thanks again,,,

JFloors 07-11-2019 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by peppster66 (Post 3445319)
thanks for your replies, the horn and the cruise works, so Ill try and find a code reader that might help me ,,thanks again,,,

I've had this same problem in my 99 cargo for a few months now, never really pursued the fix, always meant to pull the seats and check connections just have not done it yet...
mine will ding at me for 2-3 turns going out of the neighborhood then once on the road ceases. Come to another stop and turn does the same sequence. My horn n cruise work fine too.
I have 2 code readers, a lower end Innova 3100 and a Bluedriver by Lemur. Both supposed to pull ABS and I had thought maybe SRS (not sure) codes but neither will communicate with this van other than OBDII codes. They will on my 01 chevy pickup and a some of my kids n friends other vehicles I've tried them on

peppster66 07-12-2019 01:52 PM

Thanks, I tried the connections under the seat, but no luck, the light is still on, checked all the fuses and relays, all are in good condition,, Ill keep on trying, if I have any luck, I will let you know,,,thanks again,,,,,

ElkCon 07-17-2019 09:20 PM

Just something to check since I had a problem with a unusual circuit in the system,,,
The seatbelts can go bad. There is a sensor inside of them. They can fail and cause the airbag light too.
I had it narrowed down to this area, and after deep inspection, i found that the sensor wire was cut. The sensor wire come off the side of the both of the front seatbelts. It is small and I could see how it could get split or crushed, I traced mine to the top of the A pillar. The wire goes into and up the pillar then make a sharp turn towards the front of the van at the roof. Since I had a hightop, the cut sheet metal of the roof over the years cut the wire and would ground it out causing the airbag light.

peppster66 07-17-2019 09:50 PM

Thank you for your help. thats one thing I did not even think of, I will try it tomorrow,,,thanks,,,,