Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1999 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Intermittent stall

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 04:05 PM
Kefuku
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Intermittent stall

Camperized van and has been running great. Stalled randomly the other day. Wouldn't start for an hour, so I had it towed. As soon as I got off tow truck it started no problem. This happened 3 more times over 400 mile drive. 2 times starting right away and the other time starting in about 45 minutes of sitting. I have new battery. New fuel pump relay. Full tank of gas. When it stalled I noticed the gas gauge needle didn't move when I turned on the key. All other gauge needles moved. Yet when I turned the key on and the gas gauge needle went to the proper fuel level the van started no problem. It runs great now. Have to drive 2000 miles so am concerned this continues to happen.

The RV manufacturer mentioned it may be the battery isolator. Other mechanics have mentioned it being the fuel pump. Don't want to deal with the fuel pump on a guess but it seems strange the only gauge not working is the fuel gauge when this happens.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-08-2024, 04:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts

I would check the connector at the fuel pump module. Kinda acts like it isn't plugged in completely.

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Intermittent stall