Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Starter...(gettin showed up by a ford, NEED HELP FAST, lol)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 02:56 AM
awlehde
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter...(gettin showed up by a ford, NEED HELP FAST, lol)

My truck hesitates to start when it hasnt been running in the past few hours, if u start it then shut it off, then it will start right up, or if u just begin to start it, then let off, then turn the key again, it will start right up. I cant figure out what is causing this, it kinda makes my truck seem like a piece of crap because when i jump in and turn the key, it sits there and "spudders" for lack of a better word, for about 5 seconds, which is a long time to hold the key in. People turn and look at me, and say, "ya, those dodges sure are nice...ha ha, not!" (kinda sucks when there drivin a ford and it starts right up...lol). if anyone has an idea on what could be causing this, please respond.
thanks, Adam

Old 11-13-2004, 11:26 PM
dannysdodge
Default RE: Starter...(gettin showed up by a ford, NEED HELP FAST, lol)

may have a charging system problem,battery alternator,dirtyor loose battery cables?

Old 11-14-2004, 12:46 AM
repsol
Default RE: Starter...(gettin showed up by a ford, NEED HELP FAST, lol)

its a 97 truck? if you havnt change the battery i suggest you do it asap. i dont know about yours, but i have 2 different experience with 2 different car. 1 of them a benz ML and 1 is a acura TL, both of had the battery died. the TL died infront of home depot, and the ML died when i was about 20miles off road with no on star reception and no cell phone reception it was a nitemare.

both of them runs fine after put in new battery.

Quick Reply: Starter...(gettin showed up by a ford, NEED HELP FAST, lol)