Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new product

Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer

Here is an exclusive sneak peek at Superchips next generation in cabin tuning product the VIVID that's being shown for the first time at SEMA this week. The VIVID is an android based product that offers a wide variety of apps and options. Look for its release around February of 2011.

Name:  Superchips-VIVID-Flyer-1.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  67.6 KB

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ID-Flyer-1.jpg

Name:  Superchips-VIVID-Flyer-2.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  248.4 KB

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ID-Flyer-2.jpg

For those who already own an android based device Superchips will be offering the “AVID” a Bluetooth Dongle that provides the link between those Android based products and the Superchips VIVID tuning app.

Plans are to release AVID in Summer 2011.

Last edited by Scott@Superchips; 11-03-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Here is a beta shot of the VIVID tuning device with the new main screen menu shown. With it being a beta rendering more than likely it will be somewhat different from the main launch menu.

Name:  VIVIDARCHOS_withIcons_2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  71.2 KB

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ithIcons_2.jpg

The Archos unit employs an HD video camera and plays back HD video on the 720p screen and as you can see from the icons has WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The WiFi is 802.11 b/g/n.

For those interested in GPS apps, the device will work with many of the GPS antennas commonly found on sites such as Amazon.com. Most GPS app providers such as Google and Navigon offer just a one time fee to get the app installed to your device. Quite a few of the antennas on Amazon.com run at a 10 Hz refresh rate which is much better than many of the smart phones on the market which run at a refresh rate of 1 Hz.

More info to come as I get it.

Scott

Old 11-15-2010, 01:12 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you selling the software individually or is it a package only set-up?
I'd like to get just the software on my rooted Android phone if possible??

Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

AVID will include a proprietary Bluetooth dongle that will work in conjunction with our software app that will either be included in the package or downloadable directly to an existing Droid product. The software delivery is still TBD at least as far as info I have available to me at this point.

As I get more info I will be sure to post it up.

Scott

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Are you selling the software individually or is it a package only set-up?
I'd like to get just the software on my rooted Android phone if possible??

Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 AM
mbaseball3
Veteran

that is effin epic!!! it'll suit my Evo very well! love seeing a manufacturer, especially one that I like/follow, that's swinging towards android versus the bandwagon apple I-crap products. can't wait for this. I'm saving for it now!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's hoping for a software pkg...my phone dual boots windblows mobile and android 2.1

Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Here is an updated picture of the new device and the ‘steering wheel’ menu. The tuning experience in the VIVID is like nothing else the industry has seen. It really takes advantage of the Android operating system and the power of the Archos tablet. As you can see there are five icons shown, but those can be rotated with a touch of the screen to reveal different vehicle performance apps and everyday use apps such as playing music, videos or games. From the Android menus you can also surf the web, check email and do posts to social media sites or whatever else you install from one of the many Android app sites.

VIVID does everything with the vehicle using a high-speed Bluetooth connection providing a seamless experience for tuning, gauges and the data acquisition app. The gauges will be available as analog and digital in preset layouts. Eventually, we would like to make it so you can create your own layouts, but that is further down the road. The boss isn’t letting me discuss or show the data acquisition in the VIVID because our competitors always look to us for innovation and design cues so they can try to stay relevant so we are staying quiet on that one until closer to launch. I got my first demo of the app Monday and it is awesome!

More as I am allowed to put it out including pictures of some of the other apps and screens.

Name:  VIVIDARCHOS_withRedIcons.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  20.7 KB

Old 02-23-2011, 01:52 PM
mbaseball3
Veteran

Nice! Can't wait! Beta tester right here if you need one

Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

I have the latest some shots of the product we showcased at the big Jeep event in Moab Utah last week.

Pictured in order are the two application screens. The steering wheel version allows you to thumb through the options on the wheel. The second screen shows a general listing of the features. (More will be present upon release of the product):
Name:  P4270338.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  66.7 KB
Name:  P4270337.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  72.0 KB

DAQ is next showing you the analog gauge options. You will be able to push on any one of the gauges to select the sensor you want projected as well as have the ability to customize the image or graphic in the gauge background:
Name:  P4270335.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  116.8 KB

Next is the Jeep specific Inclinometer:
Name:  P4270339.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  98.0 KB

And the 720p HD quality video camera + still image camera features:
Name:  P4270340.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  66.8 KB

What you are looking at is strictly demo software and so some of the features are not present but you get the gist of the product and what it will look like once complete but as you can see we are progressing pretty well.

Scott

Old 05-22-2011, 11:53 PM
EliteLimit
Default Sounds Tasty

Is it just me but just the sound of "SUPER CHIP" just sounds awesome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new product