Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

IAT Relocate Directions with pics...

Old 07-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Dem20s
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAT Relocate Directions with pics...

i am sorry if this was already posted but i am seeing alot of peeps asking about it, including me at first..so here is what i did including pics...hope this helps somebody..

Parts needed:
-1/4" NPT Pipe plug(Home Depot)
-1/2" drill bit
-plumbers thread tape (white)(Home Depot)
-Some cases will need 16 gauge wire to extend stock IAT wires
-tools..(duh)..lol

first here is my engine, 2001 1500 318...

here is were my IAT used to be, this is a 01 but i have been told it hasnt changed much as far as location since 95, please correct me if im wrong, you will need a 1/4 NPT Pipe plug (home depot), and some thread tape..

Now find a location in your intake tube, i have been told it dosnt matter were, IMO the closer to the filter the better(cooler air), in some cases you will need to extend the wires, use 16 gauge wire for this, you will need to drill a 1/2" hole in the tube, then thread the IAT into that hole, i used some more thread tape, although i was told it wasnt needed, better safe than sorry.

i hope this helps other people new to this mod in some way, if I was incorrect in any of this please correct me, i know there are alot more people here than know a lot more than me about this mod than i do, good luck with this...

Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
purdueranger
Veteran
Default RE: IAT Relocate Directions with pics...

Is there any gains from doing this mod. What is the benefit to this

Old 07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Dem20s
Default RE: IAT Relocate Directions with pics...

Well, the simplest way to say it is, you know how in the morning when the engine is nice and cool, and you truck runs the best, then as it heats up and get up to running temps, in leans out and the you get a slight power loss, this isnt paticular in just our truck, but in all cars, they run better in the morning, well thats what the IAT cencor does, at a certain temps it starts to lean the motor, by moveing it somewere other than the extremly hot intake manifold, it tricks the PCM into thinking it is alot cooler than it really is, therefore keeping you at a higher HP range, you will feel the differance, in responce after driveing for awile, you will notice that your truck is a little snapyer dureing the day instead of only in the morning...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IAT Relocate Directions with pics...