Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 12:32 AM
2K4RAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

Here's the deal. I have read a lot of posts regarding exhaust but still want more. I just bought a 2004 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L and want to upgrade the exhaust for a more deep rumbling soud in addition to a few extra horses.

I have read and heard that I should go with Magnaflow because it will not produce any warning lights etc... However, I can get Flowmaster 40 or 50 series for $350 installed Vs. a Magnaflow for over $500.

Please share your thoughts regarding the quality of the two, as well as preformance gains when compared.

It would be great to hear from some people who have the exact truck set up as mine.

Sorry this was so long, but I want to make an educated choice regarding my exhaust.
Thanks in advance!

Old 07-22-2004, 12:57 AM
wolfemml
Default RE: Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

I have a 02 4.7 and I have added a Volant CAI and a Magnaflow Catback. I paid 250 installed for the magnaflow. I thought that was great. The CAI and the exhaust created a pretty good boost in my HP. I love the sound of the Magnaflow. I just completed a gear swap as well which also helped in the HP area.

I have a 7" lift and 33" AT's so I need the gears and the extra HP.

Old 07-22-2004, 04:21 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

All I did was have a MagnaFlow 14589 Stainless Muffler insalled to replace the stock muffler. Cost was $179. Why spend the bucks for a complete cat-back system when the exhaust system on the Ram is already stainless. (I know it shows rust. That's because it's 409 stainless instead of 304 stainless.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow