Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

2 quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
92stealth
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 quick questions

im just full of question's lately sorry.
ok this might sound stupid but i just want to see if it would be necesary to unhook the battery to change out the ECS computer?
another thing i just want to make sure i grab the right computer from the parts car. the ECS computer is the one in the back of the car on the passanger side right above the wheel, kindof next to the windshield washer fluid tank?

Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 2 quick questions

It is always a good idea to unhook the battery when changing out electronic parts.

Yes, the ECS is in the passenger side of the hatch area.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:12 PM
92stealth
Professional

ok thanks. do you think it would be the the computer if the tour light goes on and off.
when i first got the car the light never came on then i hit a wire or connector under the dash by the pedals with my foot and the light started flashing, on bumps mostly. sometimes it will stay on and i will try and hit the button but nothin happens, do you think it could be the computer? or just a loose wire under the dash were i hit it with my foot?
also i cant hear the servos at all in the car.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
thestealth
Champion

I've never been able to hear mine either. It could be the wire you hit, a bad ECS (poor capacitors just like the ECU's), or a broke wire on one of the strut towers.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:26 PM
92stealth
Professional

ya i went to 3si and did a search and some of the people were saying they could hear the servos. its kind of like the active exhaust, i can hear that servo going.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran

I honestly dont think it hurts nothing to leave the battery connected, I removed my tcu and ecm with it on and it hurt nothing at all. to me it makes things worse cause it resets everything like your stereo and etc.

Quick Reply: 2 quick questions