Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Notorious no start one click issue.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:50 PM
DrkSyde
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Notorious no start one click issue.

I've tried searching for help but never get the whole picture. I tried to start my 91 stealth, and it started to crank then stopped... I turned the key and now I just get a click noise coming from the little silver I guess relay on the passenger side of the center console. Is that the problem, or is it suppose to do that? Can someone please shed a little light on this issue? I have a 91 Stealth rt non turbo. One more thing, I also tightened the screw on the ignition switch, but I noticed a faint flicker of light that looks to be coming from the inside of the ignition switch, is that normal? A million thanks in advance.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:48 PM
toddrs93
Rookie

First make sure your battery is good, and the terminals are tight and not corroded. The no start due to the weak solenoid signal is common, but so are faulty starters and corroded leads. Locate the 10 gauge wire from the starter solenoid, it is a one wire connection usually right to the inside of the airbox coming up with the positive and negative lead from the starter. Turn the key on and put a 12V jumper wire right to this to see if the starter turns or not. If it does this is most likely the problem you are referring to, in which a relay can be placed in line there to draw direct battery power to the solenoid. If it does not turn the starter is probably bad.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 AM
DrkSyde

Thank you! I cant wait to go outside this morning to try it. I hope it works.
Stay Tuned.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM
DrkSyde

Thank you! The plug from the wire coming from the starter to the ignition was rusty, cleaned it, and it works fine. Also I figure while I'm under the hood, I might as well do the click mod, turned out it was easier than I thought. Thanx again for your time and help! Now I'm off to my next problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Notorious no start one click issue.