Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

93 Stealth, Batman style -- DO NOT WANT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Xenocore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Stealth, Batman style -- DO NOT WANT!!!

Just got a Stealth off craigslist. The motor is a bit long in the tooth, so I was expecting to have to put some work in it. Since I just recovered from a reposession when I bought this, this is my daily driver. (so a teardown to work on stuff isnt doable by me.)

First time I drove it at night, I realized that my instrment panel isnt lighting up. All my lights work, but no gadgue illumination. My question is this:

What parts are in the chain for lighting the instrument panel?

There is no fuse for it as far as I can see, I have replacement bulbs ready, and I know about the dimmer. What else is in the chain that could be causing this? I would like to have it in mind before I bring it to a dealership to have them do the once over on the entire car. IF i can get it fixed myself, I can put that off the trip to the dealer (for when I do the entire once-over inspection).

Any info will be helpful, thanks.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
thestealth
Champion

Fuse #11 should be the gauge cluster fuse.
http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuses.htm

Old 10-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Xenocore

Ive been looking all over for that information. Hopefully the fuse is the problem. I couldnt find it when i went to 316. Thanks for the link.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Xenocore

Originally Posted by thestealth
Fuse #11 should be the gauge cluster fuse.
http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuses.htm
Fuse diagram helps. Unfortunately, the fuse is fine. I guess they dont have fault isolation TO's for civilain production vehicles...

Old 10-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Xenocore

Had some time today, so went into my car to inspect the instrument panel. found the lights in question. They were sooty inside the bulb. Guessing they were blown or burned out somehow. The previous owner has a hand-installed radio inside the car, probably burned out the dash if the bulbs weren't blown already. hopefully the rheostat is fine.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
thestealth
Champion

Do they work?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Xenocore

Looks like my problem is bigger than i thought. I don't know why i didn't notice it before. I have NO dash back lighting. The gauges in the center of the dash don't illuminate either, neither do the lights for the AC control. I plan on ordering some lights, cause those are without a doubt burned out. but with the entire dash being out, that's beyond my fix-it abilities.

Why didn't I clue into that?

Quick Reply: 93 Stealth, Batman style -- DO NOT WANT!!!