Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Bogging Down/ New 02/ Code 11

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 03:08 PM
tancolbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogging Down/ New 02/ Code 11

My car has been having issues bogging down at startup and then clearing up and being fine afterwards. My CEL was on and i used the paperclip and it threw code 11 for the O2 sensor. So I bought a bosch universal sensor and wired it in. Whites to Blacks, Grey to White, and Blue to Red. Now the CEL turns on and off randomly and its bogging even worse, still throwing code 11 when its on. When the CEL turns off it bogs down horribly every few minutes, even with pedal all the way down theres just barely any acceleration then it clears up and is fine. Then after a few minutes it will do the same thing. Dodge Stealth SOHC 95' 217,000 Miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Hans_GZP
Veteran

You may want to get it on a scanner to see what's going on. It's a problem that you may end up throwing parts at to try to fix, but a scanner can really narrow it down. I would first suggest checking the engine computer for any damage then moving onto engine compression. If those panned out fine, then I would look into the O2 sensor wiring to make sure there are no breaks in the wires. Does the CEL come on immediately after starting the car?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:13 PM
chemcalfarmr

Ha. I have a 95 with only about 90K miles... (but im about 95% sure it did some sitting time at a junk yard) that does the exact same thing...it only really happens when I first start heading somewhere.... .but yes the CEL does come on immediately when I start the car... its on most of the time honestly.... I figured the bogging was due to the fact that my exhaust has a break in it and my catalytic converter is uh... in desperate need of replacement. please let me know if you find a solution to your problem!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Hans_GZP
Veteran

Your bogging will be your exhaust leak. Your O2 sensor is probably right after the leak and it's reading more air than fuel which is showing a lean condition and making the ecu dump fuel.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
tancolbert

The problem still exists, but only on startup. I have no cat. It is just a straight pipe ran back from the manifold. And the O2 sensor started before the cat anyways. I have also replaced the fuel filter which had little to no effect.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 PM
chemcalfarmr

Ok thanks! I'm going to replace the whole exhaust system here in a bit n go from there

Quick Reply: Bogging Down/ New 02/ Code 11