DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   wont do more than Idle (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/365386-wont-do-more-than-idle.html)

willsanders 11-02-2013 11:39 AM

wont do more than Idle

I Have a 92 stealth twin turbo with 92,000 miles . Like new , driven very little , started each month at least . Drove it one day and it ran great but I noticed the engine light came on and then went off , a few times on and off . Next time I went to start , it fired up and will idle , but if I give it any gas over that it gets to around 2000 rpm and either sputters and backfires , or dies out right .If I do this after it idles for some minutes it does not even want to fire up again , right away . I put more high test gas in and added a can of Sea Foam , let it idle for 20 minutes , same thing . What to look at first ? Thanks. willsanders@earthlink.net

Girly TT 11-05-2013 01:13 PM

turbo, non turbo, DOHC, SOHC... ???

willsanders 11-05-2013 02:33 PM

In my first sentence I identified the car as a twin turbo .

willsanders 11-06-2013 11:36 AM

Does no one on this forum have ANY ideas ?

willsanders 11-07-2013 09:54 PM

What a great forum with lots of helpful hints ? NOT waste of time :icon_deadhorse:

Girly TT 11-16-2013 11:24 AM

Your best bet would be to go to a forum dedicated to the 3000GT and Stealth, you'll get much faster replies. 3sgto.org is the site I use most.

But it could be your ECU, popped IC hose...

coho907 09-02-2021 01:11 PM

have you found a solution to the problem? i'm having similar issues ii have a 91 twin turbo and it starts just fine and idles about 5 seconds and quits. i ran it one day ran great the next morning it was doing this, my fuel pressure seems to be good. if you found a solution or someone else has one let me know.

Girly TT 09-06-2021 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by coho907 (Post 3524062)
have you found a solution to the problem? i'm having similar issues ii have a 91 twin turbo and it starts just fine and idles about 5 seconds and quits. i ran it one day ran great the next morning it was doing this, my fuel pressure seems to be good. if you found a solution or someone else has one let me know.

Unplug your maf. If it runs OK, then check for popped ic piping.

You throwing a cel?

Does your ecs light blink/flash? Try unplugging your ecs computer (silver box behind the passenger rear trunk bin tray)

Really could be a million different reasons.

coho907 09-08-2021 02:17 PM

no codes, the security light doesnt come on either which was something folks asked me to check, already did the maf unplug ran even worse for the 5 seconds it runs before shutting down, checked cam angle sensor output within spec no blinking ecs. im at a loss cant seem to figure it out. one thing i did notic is that i have no tack any more it doesn't even wiggle not sure where the tach signal comes from about ready to get a new ptu and try that. the tach was starting to read real low the past year but now nothing at all. thanks for any info you can pass on. im in Alaska and there are very few of these cars around and even fewer mechanics that know anything about them.

Girly TT 09-09-2021 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by coho907 (Post 3524587)
no codes, the security light doesnt come on either which was something folks asked me to check, already did the maf unplug ran even worse for the 5 seconds it runs before shutting down, checked cam angle sensor output within spec no blinking ecs. im at a loss cant seem to figure it out. one thing i did notic is that i have no tack any more it doesn't even wiggle not sure where the tach signal comes from about ready to get a new ptu and try that. the tach was starting to read real low the past year but now nothing at all. thanks for any info you can pass on. im in Alaska and there are very few of these cars around and even fewer mechanics that know anything about them.

Check the fuel pump relay in the engine bay