Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

'Snap' and dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Sinatrix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Snap' and dash lights

Hey, last night I was driving and I heard what sounded like a snap from my engine. The brake, battery and coolant dash lights strated to flicker, adn now stay on. There was a sound like a kind of hissing noise, so I pulled over. There car still runs, no smoke or leaks, but I think maybe one of the belts my be on the verge of breaking? It's raining outside so I can't look at the moment, but if any one has any advice please let me know. Thanks.

RECAP: Somthing made a weird noise in my engine, some dash lights came on, no leaking or smoking, still runs, makes a kind of hissing noise when accelerating...

Old 10-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Sinatrix
Default RE: 'Snap' and dash lights

Okay I went to look at the car today after it stoped raining and I am still unsure of what the problem might be. I checked the belts and they all seemed fine. So I figured maybe since the coolant light was on...a hose came off? So I started checking them and on the coolant resevior top, there are two hoses. One coming towards the car, then once coming from the resevoir to the front (hard to describe) anyway the one coming towards the fron from the resivor is not connected anywere...could this be the problem?

..l
.\/
( )
..l
.\/

Theres a rought diagram...the cirlce is the resevoir top...the bottom one is the one that is not connected...any ideas as to were it goes or if this could be the problem? It would explain the coolant light, but no the battery or brake...let me know, thanks.
PS the car is a 92 stealth rt
Thanks

Old 10-31-2005, 02:25 PM
thestealth
Champion

The "other" hose on the resivoir is the overflow hose. It is not connected to anything. Does the car still start and run?? Are you sure both the accessory belts are ok??

Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Sinatrix

that what I thought...yes it starts and runs fine...and I cant see any problem with the belts at all...I have no idea.

Quick Reply: 'Snap' and dash lights