DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   how much nitrous can my stealth handle (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/390297-how-much-nitrous-can-my-stealth-handle.html)

stealthrt95 09-28-2015 04:26 PM

how much nitrous can my stealth handle

95 stealth rt. Na dohc 3.0 what shot can it handle and do I need to retard the ignition timing how do I do that? Sorry I'm new here just got the car about a month ago

jkeaton 09-28-2015 05:41 PM

and why do you want to do this?

stealthrt95 09-28-2015 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jkeaton (Post 3265733)
and why do you want to do this?

Because it will go faster easier. I have turbo projects a nd picked this one upfor 400 w 160k runs strong but I just wamt to be a bit faster.

smokesxt 09-29-2015 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by stealthrt95 (Post 3265781)
Because it will go faster easier. I have turbo projects a nd picked this one upfor 400 w 160k runs strong but I just wamt to be a bit faster.

Nitrous is a quick killer in daily use and without proper tuning to go along with it will cause you to be out a vehicle, as it lays your internals across the road.

If you want it to be a bit faster, start with the basics, Intake, Headers, Exhaust (quality parts, not cobble/ebay jobs). These engines respond very well to basic mods, but be careful, they are addicting. If those mods aren't enough, cams can be changed, port work can be done on the heads, etc.

I will give you one piece of advice I wish I'd have gotten long ago:
If you already have projects, don't try to make your daily driver a project.

stealthrt95 09-29-2015 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by smokesxt (Post 3265812)
Nitrous is a quick killer in daily use and without proper tuning to go along with it will cause you to be out a vehicle, as it lays your internals across the road.

If you want it to be a bit faster, start with the basics, Intake, Headers, mmExhaust (quality parts, not cobble/ebay jobs). These engines respond very well to basic mods, but be careful, they are addicting. If those mods aren't enough, cams can be changed, port work can be done on the heads, etc.

I will give you one piece of advice I wish I'd have gotten long ago:
If you already have projects, don't try to make your daily driver a project.

I've been turning wrenches forever. I don't intend to drop a bunch of money into it. And don't intend to blow my car up.. wich Is why I'm asking what is safe.. and I'm talkin wet shot... I'm not a dumbass teen ager. And I am asking what is safe. Can anyone answer my question? I know that an intake and headers and underdribe pully etc would help. But I'm not plannin on putting much money into it. Please someone that kmows what they are talking about answer my question thank you

jkeaton 09-29-2015 04:07 PM

OK then. Good luck. Someone with all knowing powers will chime in, I'm sure.

stealthrt95 09-30-2015 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by jkeaton (Post 3265881)
OK then. Good luck. Someone with all knowing powers will chime in, I'm sure.

I'm alright waiting if I need to.. I don't need I want so its all good