Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:13 AM
miles102
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT

not familiar with the TT engines but, recently bought this little beauty, there was skipping or jumping to start with on this car nothing to bad, but now its really bad, iat times i can clutch it and rev pas 4k to 5k rpms smooth but the second i drive in any gear soon as it hits near 3k its starts busting up and smokes a little and heavy skipping ill have to baby it to get to 5th? any ideas. i was leaning towards a fuel pump maybe?

before the car sat for couple years, a few weeks before this went south it drove fine, but like the issue got worse.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

What have you done so far? Tune up at all? How many miles? Throwing any codes?

Old 05-01-2017, 01:59 PM
miles102

oil change and the code i came up with was crank angle sensor being the only code, oil change was the only thing so far i have done to the vehicle. it has 92k

Old 05-01-2017, 02:11 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I would recommend starting with a basic tune up. Plugs, wires, rotor, cap, etc, Rule out obvious things first. And a crank sensor can cause all kinds of driveability issues. You have the code. Fix that too.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
miles102

i pulled the fuel pimp access door cause the gas gauge was inop. the pump assembly housing is rusted pretty decent appears to be surface rust. but i have all the parts for the tune upper lower intake manifold gaskets plugs wires, gotta do valve seals also, these cars i hear are known for it, it does poof the bluish white smoke upon reving the back to idle then stop smoking at idle. its a pretty big job lined up for the weekend. ill start there and get back with you thanx.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:42 PM
joenorth

Originally Posted by miles102
not familiar with the TT engines but, recently bought this little beauty, there was skipping or jumping to start with on this car nothing to bad, but now its really bad, iat times i can clutch it and rev pas 4k to 5k rpms smooth but the second i drive in any gear soon as it hits near 3k its starts busting up and smokes a little and heavy skipping ill have to baby it to get to 5th? any ideas. i was leaning towards a fuel pump maybe?

before the car sat for couple years, a few weeks before this went south it drove fine, but like the issue got worse.
I had a similar problem with my 1991 RT Twin Turbo, fooled around with a few mechanics including the dealership and no one could figure it out. I read in one of the forums to check the computer so I sent it in to have it rebuilt, cheaper than new computer, and that completely solved the problem. Car has run perfect for three years now.

Joe North