Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

No Spark !

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Rick Edwards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes

Full service manual

Old 06-06-2019, 07:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

See if you are getting power to the ignition module.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:12 AM
Rick Edwards

Okay here is where it stands, got the new module in today, just plugged it in to do a fast test without mounting it, car does same thing with a couple of differences. When I crank the car the RPM gauge goes a little crazy like it has a short in it ? and when I went back to pull it off again to look at it just about burned my hand off grabbing the module? Was that beacuse I simply just plugged the wires into it and not mounting it?

I was finally able to pull the codes, 13 22 and 25. One relates to a sensor on the air cleaner which Is not attached and makes sense, the other two relate to the Crank position sensor which has been working fine until I parked it for 6 months ? So is there a way I can absolutely make sure the senor is bad, vs the PTU not reading it, beacuse the PTU is bad?

Old 06-08-2019, 07:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I don't think there is a good test you can do at home on the crank sensor.......

13 is whining about MAP not changing from start to run..... as it won't run, no idea what prompts it to set that code.

22 is is the engine coolant temp sensor. If it ain't hooked up, the PCM is going to be REALLY confused.....

25 is IAC circuits, seems there is a short in there? Might be the wiring, might be the IAC itself.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Rick Edwards

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I don't think there is a good test you can do at home on the crank sensor.......

13 is whining about MAP not changing from start to run..... as it won't run, no idea what prompts it to set that code.

22 is is the engine coolant temp sensor. If it ain't hooked up, the PCM is going to be REALLY confused.....

25 is IAC circuits, seems there is a short in there? Might be the wiring, might be the IAC itself.

??????

Air intake sensor on air cleaner, as the BARO sensor, which is not attached, again makes sense, the 22 code is the crank Position Sensor, these are the codes for a 92 Stealth, and 3000gt engines, unless I have the wrong info> ?

11Oxygen sensor fault.

12Airflow sensor fault.

13Intake air temp sensor fault.

14Throttle position sensor (TPS) fault.

15Idle speed control (ISC) motor position sensor fault.

21Coolant temp sensor fault.

22Crankshaft position (CKP) sesnor fault.

23Camshaft position (CMP) sensor fault.

24Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) fault.

25Barometric (BARO) pressure sensor fault.

31Knock sensor fault.

32MAP sensor faulty.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ooops, forgot that was a mitsu, my link is likely inaccurate for your car.

So, take a look at the crank sensor, make sure it is getting power to it, and the wiring is in good shape. That sensor shouldn't just fail because of sitting for a while..... (but, stranger things have happened......) Is it relatively easy to get to?

Old 06-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Rick Edwards

Yeah what really sucks is for the 91 and 92 years ONLY, they combined the Crank and Cam sensors as one single unit ! So its not a simple cable replacement, you have to changeout the entire unit - sigh, which is on top of the engine, vs next to the crank ! So instead of spending about around 30 for a sensor, I get to spend 250 for the unit lol. I also was noticing that I got zero rpm during cranking, which apparently a big sign the Crank sensor is bad. Guess I will find out when I receive it next week !
Thanks for the help

Old 06-09-2019, 04:20 AM
Rick Edwards

Okay here is a lame question !
The crankshaft Sensor I ordered was on a link which matched my car's year and Model with the DOHC. Which I doubled checked before I ordered it !
but after going over the order a few hours later < I think I could of screwed up beacuse after looking more closely at it stated post 5/92 in smaller print on the bottom!
Once I saw that I went out to the car and saw it was made in Feb of 92 !! Do you know how much of a difference that may be, and could it still
work properly, or do I send it back when I get it, since you cant cancel orders with this company ??

Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Send it back, and get the correct one, as if you attempt to install it, and find it doesn't work, highly likely they WON'T take it back......

Quick Reply: No Spark !