DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   What happen to the Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/5517-what-happen-to-the-dodge-stealth.html)

DarkHamlet 05-30-2004 01:42 PM

What happen to the Dodge Stealth

where did it go, or did it change name?
it was a sporty car.

moparturd 05-31-2004 12:01 AM

RE: What happen to the Dodge Stealth

Not real sure what happened to them. I know they had a fair amount of trouble with them though. Mistubishi kept making the 3000 gt after Dodge said they were no longer selling them.

DarkHamlet 05-31-2004 01:25 AM

it was a very nice car, never drove it but it look goooood!.

Thanks for you info;) Mopartodd

71RoadRunner 05-31-2004 07:18 AM

They were a hard seller for their price and limited functionality. They made the Stealth up through '96. The Mitsu 3000GT only went 2 years beyond that, through '98.

rambo97 06-03-2004 08:42 PM

I was thinkin of that exact question the other week... then I got an idea... instead of the new Magnum Dodge just made ( which I believe wont see too well due to, in my opinon, an ugly body).. Dodge Should have re-invented the stealth, or brought back the Charger... complete with a HEMI.... think about it! would that be SICK? new charger with new HEMI.. it would KICK the new GTO's ass! plus the retro thing is big right now... just a thought.....

SRT_YA 06-09-2004 03:57 PM

after seeing a new Magnum in a sharp dark color (I.E. black) and sportin' some stylish rims... I think it looks a lot better in person than it does on TV or in Magazines!!!

as for the stealth... there was a nasty rumor that to change the plugs on one side of the engine, you had to take off the intake... doing so caused you to have to buy new gaskets, that were only sold in a set, and were very expensive... I have no proof of this, so, take it with a grain of salt... I have never seen the engine setup myself, so... again, I could be WAY off on this one... if so, I would expect someone to correct this!

either way, the Stealth and 3k GT were sharp looking cars to me... with the right package, I think they were pretty quick too?? right?? twin turbo all wheel drive (VR4 or something package for the Mitsu..)

rambo97 06-09-2004 10:18 PM

I cant say that its not true, but I heard something similar... just that it was expensive to maintain the engines... I also heard a lot of stealths had Big time Paint problems ( theyd peel, fade, etc) but again, not 100% sure...
I do know this: If I had the money.. Id love to buy an old stealth, junk the engine and throw in a 5.7 Hemi ( crate, from the factory).. I think that would ROCK, plus it would absolutely FLY! but..... thats not gonna happen cause the $$ just arent there! LOL

thestealth 06-10-2004 04:23 PM

Correct on the spark plug issue. The plenum needs removed on the DOHC and TT motors. First time I did it, it took about an hour, you know, making sure I knew where everything plugged in and bolted to. I can do it in about 20 minutes now. The gasket in question is about $50 from a stealership, but does not need replaced every time. It is a thick rubber gasket. High prices for even the lower models is what killed the Stealth's and ultimately the 3000gt which ran through the 99 model year(along with Supra's and RX-7). The SOHC and DOHC motors are actually quite reliable as long as the 60k services are performed, preventive maintenance goes along way on any car. The TT's are prone to spinning bearings, but I think any "sports car" or any car that gets the piss ran out of it will eventually suffer from bearing problems.

I think the biggest boon between the two cars is all the electronic gadgetry that they have. While some of it has a cool bling factor, it really ends up being more crap to break.

Stock they ran 13.2 or so depending on what publication you choose to believe.

71RoadRunner 06-12-2004 05:52 AM

The '03 and up Hyundai V6 in the Tiburons are the same way, you have to remove the intake manifold to replace the spark plugs. [sm=smiley36.gif]

scatpackmopar 06-13-2004 10:56 PM

To tell the truth Dodge really doesn't like the fact that they have cars made by Mitsubishi and they have tried to kill those type of cars in the past. That is one of the reasons the Avenger changed names to Stratus R/T and the Stealth [along with the Eagle Talon] cease to exist! Chrysler/Dodge want to have to make all of their vehicles so they can have thier own identity. There may be some parts sharing and platform sharing but the sheet metal and look will be destinctive.