DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   what is this indicator light? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/5568-what-is-this-indicator-light.html)

johnnyg 06-01-2004 01:55 PM

what is this indicator light?

hey all. when i'm making sharp turns, a light comes on that's located between the SRS and seatbelt lights on the right side of the speedometer. it's orange, it's shaped like a rectangle that's half-filled with what looks like a little opening on the top. i checked the levels of all the fluids and they're all ok. the manual seems to be missing so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what that is :) thanks

johnnyg 06-01-2004 01:58 PM

RE: what is this indicator light?

forgot to say what car it is...heh...93 dodge stealth base model.

thestealth 06-01-2004 02:59 PM

That is the low coolant light. Mine was on for awhile and all the fluids looked full. I ended up filling the overflow to the correct level (wasn't very low), and took off the fill cap on the motor (left hand side as your looking at the motor) filled it up to the top. After topping it off I reset the ECU (engine control unit) by unhooking the battery for 20 minutes. That was about 1 year ago and it has not come back on since. Good luck, let us know if that works.

johnnyg 06-02-2004 09:39 PM

nah it's not that light (i know what you're talking about, the one on the bottom right that looks like an old time radiator...the one that turns on when the car does a self-check at startup..this one doesn't turn on at startup), it's a couple spaces above that on the right of the speedometer. let's see if i can draw it...
__
________| |__
| |
| |
|____________|
|/////////////////|
|/////////////////|

i doubt that's it, i just had a new radiator put in a couple weeks ago and the coolant level in the reservoir has been staying above the 'hot' line.

the light only goes on when making sharp turns..sharp right turns, to be exact. it goes on and off in a matter of one second.

though i could be wrong about you being wrong...i will try what you have suggested. maybe all the coolant sloshes to the left when i make a right turn and the sensor doesn't pick it up? i have no idea. thanks for the help, i'll give it a shot.:)

thestealth 06-03-2004 01:49 AM

Alrighty then, I broke out the owners manual to see what it said. You are correct, the light I was talking about was the engine coolant level indicator. According to the manual the light you are talking about is the window washer fluid light. :) Looks just like the pic you drew, cap offset to the right side and all. It does not say if the rear washer fluid resivoir has a sensor in it, so I would assume that it only pertains to the front resivoir. Hope this helps.

johnnyg 06-03-2004 10:55 AM

hahah..and to think the other day i didn't drive it because i thought it was something more important than low washer fluid. which is low. problem solved, thnx very much. maybe i should order a damn manual...

thestealth 06-03-2004 12:44 PM

If you plan on keeping your car for any length of time, I highly recommend getting the Dodge service manual. Don't waste your time on a Haynes or Chiltons, spend the extra dough on a mechanic's manual. They run around 100 bucks, but if you plan on doing much work on your car yourself, it will be money well spent. Glad I could be of assistance.

71RoadRunner 06-05-2004 08:16 AM

Now this is just plain sad. No wonder these cars cost so frickin' much, they have stupid a** sh*t like this on them. Like it's sooooo important to have a light come on when your washer fluid is low, and I thought the fluid level indicator in the coolant over flow was bad enough.

alan92rttt 06-16-2004 06:13 PM

See image

[IMG]local://upfiles/4867/Yw682266218.gif[/IMG]

Jeff7pt62 03-02-2007 02:48 AM

I have the same problem on my 92.,....when I get it fixed, I'll let you know what I had to do.