Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

auto tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 03:33 PM
diesel1456
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto tranny problems

Hi all i am new to this forum and never had a stealth before so maybe someone can help me. 1st off i really got ripped on this car. I bought a 91 stealth base model which did not run. The guy told me he had the car running like 3 month's prior to me buying it. NOT!!!! this car had not been run for almost 3 yrs. Anyway so far i have put a small fortune in the car. It has cost me 2,700 to get this car running. Here is the problem i had to have both computers replaced in the car my question is does the computer for the tranny have to be reprogramed. My daughter had a 91 eclipse and the computer had to be reprogramed. All the stealth has is like low 2 the overdrive light works and so does the power light. I am into this car so deep if it needs a tranny i will have to get one. One thing it does seem to run good with no oil leaks anyway that i can see. Also i have a leak in the rack of the rack and pinion is this a big job to change the rack and pinion system. Any input would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks Rich

Old 06-15-2004, 03:53 PM
thestealth
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: auto tranny problems

If it was just overdrive that was out, I would say just the end clutches need replaced, but since it is 3rd and OD I would guess that you need to have the tranny rebuilt. Not really sure about the rack and pinion. My advice is to get a service manual (not a haynes or chiltons) one that the stealership service dept. uses. It has everything in it you need to know. I will cost between 80 and 120 bucks, but if you plan to do much work on this car yourself it is a very valuable asset.

Quick Reply: auto tranny problems