DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   Starting but is not ideling. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/65221-starting-but-is-not-ideling.html)

Epyllion 07-11-2006 05:00 PM

Starting but is not ideling.

Hi guys....

While I was driving to work today.....my stealth just stalled on me :( I started it up again and it runs only if i keep my foot on the gas....needs to stay at an idel speed or above that.

So...it starts and runs only if at idel speed or above...but wont stay there by itself.

I have orders the Mas air flow sensor...hoppefuly it will fix the problem.

I have cheked the other threads about the fuel pump issue and it doent make much sense right now...maybe is the ECU.

Im looking for some sugestions :) Thanks guys....

thestealth 07-11-2006 05:11 PM

RE: Starting but is not ideling.

The idle air controller could be malfunctioning as well.

falcon66 07-11-2006 05:15 PM

I assume you have checked for vacuum leaks?

Epyllion 07-11-2006 05:17 PM

Sorry....could you help me locate the idler air controller ?

Dont know the car in details :(

thestealth 07-11-2006 05:27 PM

IAC location and test procedure, courtesy of Stealth316

Epyllion 07-11-2006 08:54 PM

TheStealth :) Thanks a lot.....I took the Idel Control Valve out and cleaned it per the instructions....placed back and it works...it stays at idle like it should.

Should I still get the MAS Air Flow Sensor or cancel the order ? Maybe it will help still....considering both the Air sensor and the idle valve sensor could have been bad or malfunctioning ?

Once again, thanks a lot.

Epyllion 07-11-2006 10:06 PM

Hehe....I got happy too quick...drove about a mille and it did the same thing again.
Ill get the air flow sensor in about an hour....
Probably it did that because I reset the comp while the battery was disconnected.
This puzzels me now...oh well....

I heard the idler valve (solenoid) reset isself when i inserted the key in the ignition..so that should tell me that the idler valve is working....

thestealth 07-11-2006 10:49 PM

Has the ECU ever been rebuilt/replaced?? On my RT, I had an intermittant problem with it dying under 2000rpms. I did the normal checks; plugs, wires, filters, replaced the IAC, checked PTU/Coils etc. The problem would come and go. Finally, I had the ECU's rebuilt. Haven't had any problems since.

Do the ES models have the electronic suspension??

Ragnarok 07-11-2006 11:32 PM

Is not idling a common problem in a Stealth?

The reason I ask is I just bought a Stealth less then a week ago and mine won't idle as well. I too had to keep my foot on the gas for it not to die on me. I took it to the shop and they said that the idle was just set to low. So I drove if for another day or two and then it started doing the same thing, but this time it would also sometimes idle too high where it wouldn't drop below 1,000 rpms. So I took it to the shop again and they said that the idle motor is bad and needs to be replaced which they want to charge me $750.00 to get a new one and install it.

thestealth 07-11-2006 11:48 PM

OMG...750 bones for a half hour job...that's insane. I cannot remember exactly what I paid for my IAC, but I think it was less than $200 shipping included. Contact Rockville Mitsubishi to order a new one. It is very very easy to replace using the instructions on Stealth316.