Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Help! Stalling Stealth

Old 06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
BillyWing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Stalling Stealth

1993 Dodge Stealth 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 10100 miles
It's a DOHC 24V R/T non-turbo
and the Check Engine light will only come on after it shuts off which leads me to believe it doesn't actually have a code, but I might be wrong.

I bought this car a week and a half ago from a guy who said that it would stall when idling after being warm, but he would wait 10 mins and it would start back up.
A few days ago, this became very serious when it stalled for me for the first time while I was **Driving**.
I had assumed it actually just needed some cleaning where the ISC was located. So when I got it home, I took off the ISC and cleaned inside there with some carburetor cleaner and a little bit of the throttle body near the butterfly door. After letting it dry, I put it back together and tried driving it. It then stalled and became much worse. It then would not stay on for more than 2 seconds before cutting off.
After getting it home, I replaced the fuel pump and in-tank filter. It still stalled.
Today, I completely took apart the throttle body and cleaned it thoroughly.
After placing it all back together, I was able to drive it for a good 30 mins until it stalled again.
I still feel it's the ISC because 1. the engine wont rev when you turn the steering wheel 2. the a/c will only affect the rpm's for a second and then it will return back to normal and 3. When I turned the Idle screw out some, it looked like it was keeping it from stalling because the RPM's kept fluctuating when the engine was still cold.
Also: Everytime it stalls, it will stall and then won't be able to run again for a while.
Sometimes it will turn over, but then immediately stall and other times it will last a few seconds.

Also, forgot to add that it's totally at random.
It will stay running for a few mins sometimes and others it will turn on and then right back off.
And then it might just not turn over at all.

I was told it might be a short in the ECU or cam sensor.
If any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I NEED this fixed ASAP!!!!

email:billywing@charter.net or derdervp@yahoo.com
please do both because I don't know which will work.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
stokeswill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu

I had trouble like this and it was my ecu but be careful with just replacing it. If there is a short you need to find it and fix it before you replace it or youll fry every ecu you put in there (Very Expensive_

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! Stalling Stealth