Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

help!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 AM
rocket3971
Default help!!!

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and new to 3s ownership. I recently bought a 91 dodge stealth rt tt for 5200 about 2 weeks ago and just found out it had a major oil leak. I took it to a local mechanic and found out that the oil pan gasket wasn't sealed properly. So they went ahed and sealed that up and realized that it was still leaking so I went ahead and told them to find out what it was. About $800 later it turns out to be the head gaskets that are causing the oil leak. I was quoted 1400 to replace the set which is a pretty huge amount of money. My question is, if there is anyone that would be willing to help me out on this in the sacramento area? I guess I just got ripped off pretty bad huh?[/align]

Old 03-08-2007, 02:52 AM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: help!!!

i'm probablty wrong but i always thought that if head gaskets were bad it would burn oil not just leak. have they checked the oil pressure sensor? mine was leaking like crazy when i got my stealth. Also could be vaulve seals(if it's burning and not just leaking) and vaulve cover gaskets. and i think you can check the pressure using one of those gages that you connect to where the spark plug goes to check the internals

Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 AM
tokex420
Professional

Im taking a class in autos and we did a project on removing heads and valve covers and all the gaskets, so it would not cost bno 1400 to replace it cuz it was a really easy job, sorry Id try to help but I live to far.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 AM
92stealth
Professional

did you do it when the engine was out of the car, its wicked easy when its out, the problem and where the high cost to do it is becasue you have to pretty much pull the engine to get to the heads, you can get the front pretty easy but not the rear one.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:51 PM
thestealth
Champion

Does that price include parts? It seems a little high, but with the way they bid jobs (book time), it might be right on.

Is it still leaking at the oil pan?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: