DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   do you have to remove the dash to get to the oil presure gauge? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/97419-do-you-have-to-remove-the-dash-to-get-to-the-oil-presure-gauge.html)

92stealth 03-11-2007 05:06 PM

do you have to remove the dash to get to the oil presure gauge?

just wondering because its not working. i put the car up on the lift to look at the sending unit and all the wires were cut off, so got those hooked back up and it still didnt work. then we grounded the sending unit witch should make the gauge go all the way up, but nothing, so i think the guage is shot, but do you have to take the whole dash out to get to it? would i be better off just putting one of the pillar gauge clusters up since it would be easier to get to?

92stealth 03-13-2007 10:07 AM

RE: do you have to remove the dash to get to the oil presure gauge?

whats knowone know?

thestealth 03-13-2007 02:42 PM

If I'm not mistaken, all three guages are part of a cluster. I have heard of people poking them from the front, and breaking them out, or going through the 2 dash vents below the cluster to remove them...or removing the dask. None of those options sound great to me.

92stealth 03-14-2007 09:47 AM

think i would be better off just leaving that one and wireing up a new one, like the pillar ones?

falcon66 03-14-2007 03:00 PM

I guess at this point it depends on how fanatic you are about having things work the way ther are supposed to or making an obvious workaround.
With all the work required to hack in an aftermarket pillar gage set up and look professional, I would say that removing the dash would be just about as easy.

92stealth 03-14-2007 09:11 PM

ya im not sure what im going to do. i HAVE to have that gauge working. its the most important one.... just figures that the most important one is the one not working.

thestealth 03-14-2007 10:18 PM

Are you positive it's not the sending unit?

Anyway, like most stock gauges, ours are no different, they aren't that good or accurate. If you are that concerned, I'd recommend an aftermarket one from a reputable manufacture.

falcon66 03-15-2007 03:00 PM

If I had to replace the gage, I would replace all three gages in the dash with aftermarket gages that I like the look of. (Maybe white background instead of black...) Just one of those small custom modifications that can make you love the car even more.

92stealth 03-16-2007 05:12 PM

ya mine aswell do them all. have to see what happens. and i had a friend look at it that owns his own garage, he grounded the sending unit witch would make it go all the way up but it did nothing so it seems to be the gauge.