Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

spring replacement

Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
kang25
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry spring replacement

And the Saga continues...
If you have happened upon my other posts, you will know that I have been haveing issues with my half shaft. It is confirmed that the c.v.j. is shot, there is a tear in the boot, and you can feel the shaft pushing away. (def. no longer driveable) That being said, I was trying to drive the 2 miles to work this morning when I heard a loud crack and then sevear metal to metal grinding, and smelled buring tire! The spring on my front passenger side snapped from the vibrations, and has dug a 1 inch groove in the back of the tire. I currently have the eibach pro 1.5" lowering springs installed, so I need to replace the broken spring. Can I replace just the front 2, with the factory springs, and leave the back 2 as they are. I realize this would create an unballenced car with the front end an inch and a half higher then the rear, but is that going to create problems, or should I be fine? I am going to rent the compression tool and replace the spring myself (along with the half shaft which i'm still searching for some pictures or a manual) Am I going to be able to buy just front springs? Is there anything complicated with the removal and install of the spring/s? Thanks for any advice.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 AM
kang25
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have any idea, where I can find just the front 2 springs? I've looked everywhere online and the only thing I can find is aftermarket lowering springs, which the mechanic said was probably the reason my cvj went out. I really don't want to sacrafice my first born and pay a dealer for the set, which I can't see costing more then a houndred bucks. Junk yards so far have been of no help, apparently there arn't to many stratus r/ts around here. Would a set of springs off of an eclipse g.t. work? Thanks

Old 05-03-2009, 09:45 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, 00-05 Eclipse GT springs will work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spring replacement