Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'00 ES Stratus 2.5Lv6 Not Starting HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 PM
jmscjs2112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 ES Stratus 2.5Lv6 Not Starting HELP!

okay I have been trying to post this and it keeps coming back unable to. So let me try this again.[:@]

in March we had a a bad snow storm. The car was running great. we went to my moms, when we went to leave the car started fine, went in reverse to pull out of the driveway and once we put it into drive the car died.
At first we weren't getting any fuel to the rail. so we changed out everything.. Great now fuel is getting there, however now I have no spark.
I ran a code check on it. and nothing is coming up.

Our uncle owns a dealership (to a different make) and he keeps telling us to try the T.P.S. and then others are telling us it could be the computer, the coil pack, or the crankshaft sensor.. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
My truck broke down this week, and right now we have NO working vechicle. So this is pretty important.. We want to fix our dodge way before I fix my 92 Ranger. (you can see why)

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME SOME GOOD NEWS!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 PM
craveyj
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: '00 ES Stratus 2.5Lv6 Not Starting HELP!

I have a 2000 Dodge Stratus 184K. That the same issue it would start and then turn off and would not start.

I replaced the crank position sensor to resolve the issue. I had no spark to spark plugs after it started and die or if I turned the engine off.

It's is also possible to have a bad PCM or distrubritor assembly.

I also replace the sprark plugs, spark wire set, distrubritor assembly, fuel pump, and fuel filter, I reseated all the relays.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
jmscjs2112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '00 ES Stratus 2.5Lv6 Not Starting HELP!

thank you. that is what I am hoping. I have on order. so I am just waiting for it to come in.
keep your fingers crossed for me. I def need my car back I miss Rollin around in it..lol

if there is anything else that anyone can think of by far let me know. I have spent so much money on the car, I just want it to be fixed all ready!!!!!!!![8D]

Quick Reply: '00 ES Stratus 2.5Lv6 Not Starting HELP!