Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1995 stratus es update.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
crazycraig68
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 stratus es update.....

well, if y'all read my previous post, i was having dead gas pedal issues and a real nice member gave me some advice. due to having dumped tons of money into an 89 grand am previously, i was afraid to buy the part suggested for my stratus and decided to take it to a local dealer here in marietta, GA. within 10 minutes my problems were figured out. the EGR valve is stuck in the open position, however it is not giving any kind of code where the check engine light comes on. the 2nd thing wrong is my ignition coil is bad and they said i needed to replace the entire distributor. thier fee at the dealer to do both of those items was....ready?????? $1885.00. ARE THEY OUT OF THIER MIND? it was worth the $92 bucks to do the diagnosis as now my mechanic can do the work for tons cheaper. every part place wanted $300 or more for distributor and so i went on ebay, and a guy who deals in these types of parts had many and he is only charging $174 bucks for a brand new, not rebuilt distributor that comes with the coil, cap rotor and all things needed. i even got free shipping. i also found a EGR valve and assembly for 89 bucks. so the parts are less than $300 and my mechanic said it should only be a couple of hours labor at his rate which is $85. so i guess my point in sharing is, it's great to have the dealer diagnose a problem if you cant figure it out, but unless you have money to **** out the window, do not have them do any work.

Quick Reply: 1995 stratus es update.....