Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus Hoods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 AM
TheOneConcept
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus Hoods?

I own a 1999 Dodge Stratus, and the front of the hood has rusted through. I have sanded it down, primed it and filled the holes, and now the other side of the hood is beginning to bubble. Instead of chasing rust, I've decided to simply buy an aftermarket hood (Nothing fancy, nothing 'ricer')....

But I have noticed that almost EVERY Stratus of that body style has rust in the same exact spots. Is this some dort of defect with the paint or material they used for the hood? If so, what should I look for when buying a replacement hood? I am having the entire car painted once I have the minor cosmetics taken care of, so if it was (For some bizarre reason) The paint that allowed the rusting, then that shouldn't be an issue once I'm finished.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Rebhays27
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can't predict where or if a part will rust but here is a goo place for aftermarket parts you have to pick it up they don't ship but here's a link to the store in Baltimore the store is certifit I have used the one here in dallas many times

http://certifit.com/storelocation.as...itle=Baltimore, Maryland

Quick Reply: Stratus Hoods?