Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Factory Stereo Amp issues / wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
lglen1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Stereo Amp issues / wiring

I'm trying to bypass the factory amp on 1998 Stratus due to intermittant sound from front & rear speakers. New in dash unit and speakers recently installed have isolated the issue to this amp. Anybody have the color codes for speaker input and output on the amp? or know of a location to purchase jumper. Both plugs are 13 pin female and colors do not match on input and output.
Thanks.......

Old 05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Factory Stereo Amp issues / wiring

good luck..unless you find a schematic, its going to be trial and error. The amp went out on my 02 coupe, and i made jumpers from a kit sold at radio shack. My wires "in" and "out" were also all different colors, but I had the fun aspect of the connectors having different numbers of plugs.

When i made my jumpers, I turned the stereo on, and set the balance to RF, and poked a connector into the sockets until i got music from the right front speaker...rinse, repeat.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:49 AM
srogers

I could possible help in this aspect. I work at HamanInternational. I would give out a wire diagram for the board. But I might be able to get the pin configuration. I will look into it if you need it still.

Might have just dug myself a hole with saying I work for Harman... But what can I say great company and great tunes, if the stuff works right.

If you need it still. All I will need if you can get it would be the seriel number off the amp if you can't. Then I will most likly not be able to help cause there are several modles made for DCX. And of couse all the pins are diffrent I do belive. I am just the component tech, i figure out why the compents went bad in the amps and radios in the first place. So I am not the guy who designed it so don't yell at me.

IF I can help ya I will try.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:14 AM
lglen1

Thanks for the offer to help, but I decided to have an amp bypass and other work done by the local stereo shop. Sounds just fine without the faulty amp and new components. Again........thanks for offering to help.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:44 PM
srogers

Cool, yeah the factory amp has a limit warranty on it. If it was a newer car you could take it into a dealer have it removed and a new one put it. But since you bypassed it anyway prolly the best way to go. It is prolly a Jbls or a JblD6. Not to sure though. Well have fun with your new tunes, Just can't wait to get my car up and running damn thing. lol....

My tunes in my car are just going be quite for now.

2-12 kappa perfects,
Jbl amp 356 watt for 2 channels.
And Jbls 4 6X9 3 ways,
RB4 head unit.

Sounds nice, but car don't run lol.

Quick Reply: Factory Stereo Amp issues / wiring