Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

what does no bus mean

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM
toomanycars
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does no bus mean

I am still working on getting a 2000 stratus 2.4 ltr going.. i replaced the water pump and timing belt on this car.. after replacing the pump and belt i charged the battery and tried to start the car.. it starts runs fine for about a count of 10 and dies.. it will not restart most of the time and checking fuel and spark there is no spark after it dies.. if i let it sit for a few hours it will start again and die ... now i was in the car today checking fuses and relays and tried to start it.. it started and died again but this time i was paying attention to the odometer screen and when it died it says no bus ... and when you try to start it after word it give a 0 and then no bus .... I am taking this to mean that the computer is messed up in some way ..

any help or thoughts....

Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
BillS
Captain

don't know , look back thru forum on march 24 someone had same kind of message, different problem , might help

Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
rmckellar

One of your modules on the car network isn't communicating with the others. You'll need a DRB III (dealer scan tool) to find out which module is the culprit. There may be a Uxxxx and/or Cxxxx trouble code stored in memory.

When you replaced the water pump and timing belt, did you disconnect any connectors? Make sure you can account for all the wiring and that everything is connected.

Charging the battery may have possibly put a power surge on the bus circuit and knocked a module offline. You might disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes to reset the modules and see if the problem fixes itself or not.

Do you have a anti-theft security system on you vehicle? If so, that could explain the shutdown.

I hope this helps and good luck fixing your problem. Others on the forum may have other ideas.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
toomanycars
Amateur

I have tryed the disconect the battery thing and everytime i do it it will start run for a few min and die.. I am not sure on the anti-theft part i was given no remotes just a single key when i went to get the car..

Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Lets take a step back. How wast the car running before you did the repairs? If it was running find, then trace back the repairs. Maybe you have a pinched wire?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
toomanycars
Amateur

I will call the owner latter tonight and ask them about any problomes they might have had.. I checked the timing last night by pulling the covers off and it is spot on to what the manual says it should be .. so i looked and the only wires on that side of the car that i see and had to mess with are the plug for what i think is the water temp sensor .. other wise theres not much on that side of the motor..

I was told by a local mechanic that since the car sat fer 2 months with a dead battery I would have to reset the ASD somehow ...

Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
toomanycars
Amateur

ok so i got my scaner finely and scaned the car and got 3 codes ...

they were P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P1489 High Speed Fan CTRL Relay Circuit
and P1391 Intermittent Loss of CMP or CKP

So no i guess im on a hunt for a messed up wire... funnnnnnnn

Search this Thread