Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

The 2000 model alarm system. AKA "That red flashing light"

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Formerly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 2000 model alarm system. AKA "That red flashing light"

On the 2000 model year of the Stratus, above the wheel close to the dash is a clear button with a red LED (or a red button with a clear LED, whichever). On my car this system is bone stock, on the time I purchased the car it appeared the horn was removed ... Later I found the horn works perfectly and I'm left to assume the removed device is the alarm. When the car is off or even running, this button will flash non-stop.

When this button flashes if the car is turned to the on position, everything works perfectly fine except the car will not crank over and be able to drive. Yet the car will have electricity running to everything (tested via fuses to everything). Now, I've had this car running a couple times before so I know this problem should be able to be fixed. But I'm mostly curious to see if anyone knows what may be causing this issue and how to fix it? My mechanic told me it was the car's anti-theft system if that helps any.

- Joe

Old 05-13-2011, 11:06 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1g (95-00) model, has a red "dot" on the gauge cluster, towards the upper right side, near the temp gauge. You won't see it until it lights up. Not a "clear button" that blinks red. I think you've got an aftermarket alarm in there. The only button above the wheel, is the hazard button, which is a plain black push button. The steering wheel shroud is a common place to drill for that button. If you remove the screws below the steering wheel, that shroud will come right off, and you can trace the wires from that "button" down to the aftermarket alarm module.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep, not the factory one for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 2000 model alarm system. AKA "That red flashing light"