Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

front end problems dodge stratus

Old 06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
likuidmagma51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end problems dodge stratus

i bought a 2005 dodge stratus in 2006 and have a lot a problems with this car. ive made about 5000 to 6000 dollars in repairs but im looking for info on the front end in particular. i have replaced the front end twice in the last year and now im hearing all kinds of bangs and shimmies like i did before. is this a common problem with this car? ive spent over 3000 dollars on the front end in 1 year. any advice? ill even consider junking the car if thats my only option. thank you.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:56 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would try to isolate the noise first, before replacing any parts. Is the noise coming from the front or the rear?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:58 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome!
The only common suspension problem i see on Stratus in Rear Upper ball joints. and occasionall some Tie rod ends.
Clunking noise are usually Swaybar links and Bushing, and ball joint. espcially the noise from small bumps.
Once in a while i see leaking or frozen strut.
What have u replaced so far then? and where did you get ur parts from? like specific brand? who did the repair job?

Old 06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
FrankTA2
Amateur
Default Front end on Stratus

I have a 2005 Stratus with the 2.7 enine with 32,XXX miles never had any front end issues still tight. My son drives a 2006 2.7 Stratus that now has 119,000 miles, the only front end work was done recently, it needed outer tie rod ends and then an alignment. Front end is now like the 2005. You may consider going to a different front end shop, unless you are constantly going over pot holes or rough roads, the front end should not give you problems after a repair, if done correctly.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM
likuidmagma51
Default its official im done with dodge

i have a laundry list of parts that have been replaced on the front end of my stratus. if you own a stratus sell it ow before it falls apart around you. i replaced the seat last summer which cost 1000 dollars and now the seat is about to break again. the car is garbage. the dodge brand is garage. dodge should feel shame for putting such low quality vehicles on the road. ive put over 5000 dollars in repairs since ive had it. this is not maintenance but things that have broken. this company should be shut down and al doage vehicles turned in for scrap metal. ive owned many different makes and models of cars throughout my life and by far this dodge is the worst ive ever driven or owned. i dont have a preference in a particular brand name i just want the car to get me there and back again without me stressing about when its going to break down.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM
ddodger

I have a '97 dodge stratus with about 248k miles on it. I got it 4 years ago, recently it started a heavy grinding inside the rim. I just replaced the lower control arm 6 months ago on the same side (pass. side) is this common?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Digger95
Amateur

Originally Posted by ddodger
I have a '97 dodge stratus with about 248k miles on it. I got it 4 years ago, recently it started a heavy grinding inside the rim. I just replaced the lower control arm 6 months ago on the same side (pass. side) is this common?
I answered your other post as well, but there is currently a recall on certain replacement control arms for the Stratus so the one you had put in six months ago may have been defective. Never hurts to check. You might possibly be due a reimbursement for parts and labor:

http://www.autorecalls.us/aut-04/rec...tus/77523.html

Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replaced a seat??? Why on earth would you replace a seat unless a dog chewed it up or you dumped water on it? Anyways just to chime in our Sebring (same as Stratus). We own two, both 2006s and one has 120k on it and doing just fine. So far besides normal maintenance I have only needed to replace tie rod ends. Maybe you got a lemon or you were being taken for a ride by whoever was repairing your car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front end problems dodge stratus