Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 dodge stratus no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
dodge56
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 dodge stratus no start

well i have 2006 dodge stratus 4cyl , having problems not starting. it cranks real slow. but it chugs a little but won't start. battery checks good and had it tested.put it back in and same thing slow turning engine over. now heres the kicker. i had the car towed to our mechanic. he had it on charge for about 3 hours. i got off work and went over to see about the car. it started right up. now we drove it for 3 days and no problem.that night i started it back up and did the same thing cranks real slow.the tow truck came out and tried to jump it and still did the same thing. so now what.either starter is bad or is not getting enough juice from battery.you think timing chain has gone bad?. but it ran for 3 days and then just won't start.so what do you think.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
How old is the battery thats in the car? It maybe time for a new battery if its been in the car since 2006. And then check the charging system.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
dodge56
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by master tech
Welcome to DF
How old is the battery thats in the car? It maybe time for a new battery if its been in the car since 2006. And then check the charging system.
theh battery is good had it checked cranking amps etc. ok.
tow truck tried to jump it and would not budge.just cranks over slowly. sounds like starter is going bad.if battery was low you should be able to jump it.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:17 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Try removing the drive belts on the motor. I have seen the tensioners size up and cause either a no start or crank over slow.

Quick Reply: 2006 dodge stratus no start