DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stratus (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stratus-30/)
-   -   2004 Dodge Stratus sputters when A/C is turned on (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stratus/298102-2004-dodge-stratus-sputters-when-a-c-is-turned-on.html)

Bio-Diesel 07-20-2011 09:34 PM

2004 Dodge Stratus sputters when A/C is turned on

I have a 04 Stratus w/ the DOHC 4cyl. When the A/C is turned on the engine will sputter. I have replaced the IAC, and it still does it. The car has 107,000 miles on it and recently I have replaced the plugs, wires, IAC, o2 sensors, and the crank position sensor. I don't know whats up with this car, but everytime something goes wrong with it it never throws a check engine light. It didn't even have a check engine light come on when the o2 sensors went out and the car sputtered so bad you couldn't drive it.:icon_really: Also, something else I have noticed about my problem is that if I disconnect a sensor to purposefully set off the check engine light the car wont sputter when I turn on the A/C.:icon_hyper:

master tech 07-22-2011 12:58 AM

Two things, 1st which sensor did you unplug and 2nd does the check engine light do a bulb check when you turn the key on?

Bio-Diesel 07-22-2011 12:28 PM

I unplugged the map sensor. The check engine light does do a blub check when the car is started and is actually on right now due to me unplugging the map sensor. Also a couple weeks ago I unplugged the IAC to see if the check engine light even worked and it set a code then as well. The car didn't start to sputter again with the A/C on after that until I cleared the code.

master tech 07-23-2011 12:34 AM

Unplugging the map sensor stop the sputting?

Bio-Diesel 07-25-2011 05:44 PM

When I unplugged and then plugged it back in the check engine light came on and it stopped sputtering.

Bio-Diesel 07-29-2011 02:02 PM

any suggestions on what i could check. almost all of my sensors have been replaced and it has had a tune up recently. could it be a problem with the computer?

ShogunChelios 08-27-2012 08:06 PM

Did you ever find out how to fix that? I'm currently having the same problem.

ShogunChelios 09-13-2012 04:39 PM

I'm still struggling with it. Luckily (sorta) it got a bit worse, and my check engine light finally came on. The reading says camshaft sensor. I'm in the process of getting it changed it out. I'll update this if it works.

bshany03 10-05-2012 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ShogunChelios (Post 2866963)
I'm still struggling with it. Luckily (sorta) it got a bit worse, and my check engine light finally came on. The reading says camshaft sensor. I'm in the process of getting it changed it out. I'll update this if it works.

Having the same problem on a 05. Had the cam sensor changed and it didn't help. Does any one have any suggestions?

fourj_4 08-28-2014 04:46 PM

same issue never seen that anyone found out what the problem is as I have an 05. Just replaced the Camshaft sensor after the code came on as well.....I was wondering maybe when the mechanic had it played with the timing or setup when on the programmer...Not sure what to do next. I even thought replace PCV Value no help...