Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Where are the D.I.Y. for Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Jack Avant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the D.I.Y. for Stratus

I have been looking around in the Forum for the DIY sections and it says link is broken. I am getting ready to have my valve cocer gasket replaced and I have heard this comes with a kit. My Stratus is a 2002 2.4L engine. The oil is gathering inside where the plugs are. The dealer I bought the car from is going to repair the leak and I want to make sure he gets it done right. I have another question about the timing belt. Is this engine one that will mess up or bend the valves if the timing belt breaks. The car has 135,000 on it. Thanks in advance for your help. Jack Avant

Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Do the plugs, wires, cover gasket and four seals around the holes. They fit into the under side of the valve cover. Do the timing belt don't play around.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Jack Avant

I am still looking for the DIYs. Does anyone have an idea where they are?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM
BillS
Captain

don't think there are any posted for stratus theres a link for diy's on main stratus page just has questions posted,theres a link on main dodgeforum page has diy's for different vehichles and technical info you might find something there

Old 09-08-2011, 12:50 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

What type of information are you guys/gals looking for? Because I'll see what I can do. But I do need some feed back.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:10 PM
kbcnick
Amateur

Originally Posted by Jack Avant
I have been looking around in the Forum for the DIY sections and it says link is broken. I am getting ready to have my valve cocer gasket replaced and I have heard this comes with a kit. My Stratus is a 2002 2.4L engine. The oil is gathering inside where the plugs are. The dealer I bought the car from is going to repair the leak and I want to make sure he gets it done right. I have another question about the timing belt. Is this engine one that will mess up or bend the valves if the timing belt breaks. The car has 135,000 on it. Thanks in advance for your help. Jack Avant
interference engine

Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

This is the type of input I am looking for. i posted the same information in the DIY section ( the new diy section).
DESCRIPTION
The 2.4 Liter (148 cu. in.) in-line four cylinder engine is a double over head camshaft with hydraulic lifters and four valve per cylinder design (2.4 Liter Engine). The engine is free-wheeling; meaning it has provisions for piston-to-valve clearance. However valve-to-valve interference can occur, if camshafts are rotated independently.

The cylinders are numbered from front of the engine to the rear. The firing order is 1–3–4–2.

The engine identification number is located on the rear of the cylinder block (Engine Identification).

Quick Reply: Where are the D.I.Y. for Stratus