Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

New Driver, New to the Forum/Repair Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Brian090
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Driver, New to the Forum/Repair Help needed

Hi,

Well my main purpose of coming here was to get some help in getting my car on the road. I just scored a '99 stratus for free from a friend, but it's off the road until it can be fixed. My first car and I'm hoping to get it running soon!

THis seems like a nice place and I plan on sticking around for a bit.

Anyways, when I was given the car, I was told it needed new wheel bearings, so I purchased and replace both front assembly's and found out that I also needed a new tie rod end on one side, and 2 upper control arms on the front.

I have all the parts, and I started to take apart the upper control arm but the bolts will not come out due to the spring being in the way, I tried prying the spring so I could pull the bolts out but I can't pull stetch it enough to be able to pull the bolts out. Did I forget something? This is the first time working on a car so I don't really have a clue to what I'm doing except for what my mechanic friend has told me to do. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

All I need is to get these control arms installed, change the tie rod end and I'm ready to roll.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the strut has to be taken out and taken apart to get the control arm off.you need a spring compressor to take strut apart .its about a 2 hour job per side car will need to be aligned afterwards. possibly a very dangerous/deadly job spring is under pressure have to be real careful ;if you want you can send me a private message with your email, i can send you instructions to help you decide if you want to attempt it yourself

Quick Reply: New Driver, New to the Forum/Repair Help needed